[Q]How to root asus fonepad 7 fe170cg

Tip us?

woiczi.d
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default again, how to...

Guys, Ive done it 5 times already. it works fine. I try to explain how i did:
1. Downloaded all files (incl drivers)
2. Unlock developer options (go to settings -> About -> Software information, now touch a few times on "Build number" till u see the msg that u r developer now)
3. Plug the phone and installed all drivers (device manager detected as "K012" without the exclamation mark.)
4. enable USB debugging in developer options (go to settings -> developer options -> turn on USB debugging)
5. If necessary, install ADB Driver
6. now open root genius.exe and start it -> it will run till abt 73% (takes a lot time and a few reboots)
7. at 73% it will stop, now unplug and replug the phone (do not close the root program). You`ll see the "failed" screen (two buttons and a "sad" android)
8. open task manager windows and find shuame helper.exe on processes tab. right click then find location
9. go to folder superuser delete all files and extract mod superuser.rar in superuser folder
10. back to root genius and click ROOT button on the left, device will reboot once. mostly rooting will be done within one minute
11. after 100% or done, install superuser.apk

this is the way Ive done it, and it worked fine for me. (win7-64)

BTW:
- after installing latest update, it will overwrite root and you have to root it again.
- xposed will not work and brick yr device (if it is bricked, just launch recovery and do a factory reset)
- after factory reset, root will not be wiped off
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woiczi.d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xerc
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Nice.. Will try soon. Thanks.

JulianJenner
Old
Thanks Meter 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by woiczi.d View Post
Guys, Ive done it 5 times already. it works fine. I try to explain how i did:
1. Downloaded all files (incl drivers)
2. Unlock developer options (go to settings -> About -> Software information, now touch a few times on "Build number" till u see the msg that u r developer now)
3. Plug the phone and installed all drivers (device manager detected as "K012" without the exclamation mark.)
4. enable USB debugging in developer options (go to settings -> developer options -> turn on USB debugging)
5. If necessary, install ADB Driver
6. now open root genius.exe and start it -> it will run till abt 73% (takes a lot time and a few reboots)
7. at 73% it will stop, now unplug and replug the phone (do not close the root program). You`ll see the "failed" screen (two buttons and a "sad" android)
8. open task manager windows and find shuame helper.exe on processes tab. right click then find location
9. go to folder superuser delete all files and extract mod superuser.rar in superuser folder
10. back to root genius and click ROOT button on the left, device will reboot once. mostly rooting will be done within one minute
11. after 100% or done, install superuser.apk

this is the way Ive done it, and it worked fine for me. (win7-64)

BTW:
- after installing latest update, it will overwrite root and you have to root it again.
- xposed will not work and brick yr device (if it is bricked, just launch recovery and do a factory reset)
- after factory reset, root will not be wiped off
Nice, but do not work for me. I don't give up...

LGE-P760, Artas's cm11 build 4.9.13