Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(ROM)(Official)(HYBRID)(Unified_MSM8960) GZR Validus_v6.1 JB & KK (4.4.4) 08.18.14

Tip us?

crazy4android
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TecknoFreak View Post
Hey guys, I wonder if you guys will like a battery mod for next version?
first thank you for ur time and effort in this rom..it really show!! the battery seems to have lots of different options already..didnt think it was possible to add more...I was wondering if theres a way to hide the signal icon when switching signal style to text..so only the dbm number shows..but i had to do a lot of thinkin of something i'd change from this rom..again thank you
(If i manage to help...don't forget to hit the "thanks" button)

TecknoFreak
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 806

DONATE TO ME
Thank the team mate and not me. Is a team effort.

About the signal you might want to try xposed for that.
Motorola Atrix HD(MB886)
Just Thank me if I Helped you. That will pay off my time if you do
If you think I did great then why not buy me a small coffee

xknobi
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Is there anyway to edit the UI translation myself? Because many of the english text remains un-translated.

newskate9
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by xubeiga View Post
is the GPS problem confirmed?
i wanna give this ROM a shot...seems very good.
i'm on jbbl btw
By confirmed, do you mean solved? I've had GPS on the JBBL version, and was able to get it fixed on the KBBL version.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
I've been contemplating trying to go to the KKBL Validus version. Any coments from anyone that has been on both?
Advantages of the KKBL one?

Although... I should probably stop.
I'm pretty happy right now. I should just stop tinkering.
STOP 7EREGRINE! Your phone works well.
LOL
I was on JBBL 6.0 version, updated to KBBL and then 6.1. This morning I'll be starting my way back to JBBL / 6.1, and maybe as far as 6.0.

Once I got the GPS fix on KBBL / 6.1, by wireless still is horrible and my video streaming is 50/50. I've cleared, booted, cleaned, reloaded, and so forth. I love the ROM, I'm just not at all happy not knowing if my phone will work when I need it. Yesterday too, I lost all my files on my SDcard. I've never had that happen before - I"m not blaming the ROM, I don't know why the ROM would do that. But I know I didn't, and it just goes to the odd behavior I've been seeing.

Open to all input and problem solving. I may do a 100% clean wipe again and see if that fixes stuff. I reload my programs from Titanium backup with NO data, thinking that was the bad guy. I also just had a thought typing, that perhaps the KKBL and the programs themselves are causing issues on this phone. I could see that happening. The cure might be downloading all new from Google, OR, jumping back to JBBL.

I'm so confused............. LOL! Seriously, that's all my story, do yours at your own risk. I'll update my learning as I go along. Again, all input welcome.

TecknoFreak
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 806

DONATE TO ME
That will be no rom related. Nothing to do, and you are the only one reporting losing sdcard data
Motorola Atrix HD(MB886)
Just Thank me if I Helped you. That will pay off my time if you do
If you think I did great then why not buy me a small coffee

7eregrine
Old
(Last edited by 7eregrine; 19th September 2014 at 07:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by newskate9 View Post
e and my video streaming is 50/50.
Ohhh. I did notice YouTube sometimes does look really jumbled. Never occurred to me it could be the ROM...

newskate9
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TecknoFreak View Post
That will be no rom related. Nothing to do, and you are the only one reporting losing sdcard data
I have seen no others reporting sdcard issues other than basic kitkat stuff. But that is/was fixed on the ROM. I"m not sure what's going on and I may have other issues, no doubt. I'm currently starting clean again, and redownloading all apps - no backups. Hoping this makes all good.

7eregrine
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by newskate9 View Post
Once I got the GPS fix on KBBL / 6.1, by wireless still is horrible and my video streaming is 50/50.
I managed to fix my YouTube and it's 100% now. I went to SETTINGS > DISPLAY AND LIGHTS > SCREEN RECORDER > and changed VIDEO SIZE to 600x1024.
Not sure why this worked but the change was immediate.
The Following User Says Thank You to 7eregrine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zekemo
Old
Thanks Meter 144
This ROM is so amazing it makes me gitty like a school girl
HTC Rezound:
S-off
Android 4.2.2
Infection 2.x.....or something

Nexus 7(Flo):
PA

Whats that you say? Neo is releasing an updated version of his ROM?
(⌐■_■)
( _)>⌐■-■
( _)
...My god.
The Following User Says Thank You to zekemo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BatMan01
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Question LCD Density Settings

First off, I want to thank the team for an awesome ROM. I have came over from the 4.2 version and i enjoyed being able to set the LCD Density to have more space on the screen. i have tried all the settings several times and rebooted as specified but there was no change. Has anyone else had this problem or am i just doing something wrong?