Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Red Cross on Battery after Rooting - NOT Charging

OP reza_1661

13th April 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Hey,
I just rooted my P601, and I got it working & everything's working fine, but since the rooting there is a red cross on the battery icon while connected to my laptop, it's connected to my laptop and recognized; BUT it WON'T CHARGE! It will charge with wall charger though. I tried different cables, and different laptops, but it seems that the problem is my tablet.
Can anyone help me?!
Thanks in Advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	4519
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	2683418  
13th April 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 152
 
733 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
@reza_1661 theres nothing wrong with your tablet, when I connect my tablet (not rooted and stock firmware) to my laptop the same thing happens as its connected as a media device to tranfer data between the two.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.
The Following User Says Thank You to Geordie Affy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Affy

@reza_1661 theres nothing wrong with your tablet, when I connect my tablet (not rooted and stock firmware) to my laptop the same thing happens as its connected as a media device to tranfer data between the two.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.

Thanks for your answer @Geordie Affy;
I thought it should be possible to charge it with laptop like all other devices such as my mobile phones ... ! So, there is no way to charge it with laptop? I haven't done something wrong?
13th April 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #4  
benni_1994's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Friedrichshafen
Thanks Meter: 441
 
721 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
No you have not done anything wrong. A usb port can put like 500mAh so it would need like 16 hours to charge your device.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to benni_1994 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
that also happens to me but when i have my tablet connected to a wall socket, to solve the problem i have to disconnect and connect several times for it to go back to normal
15th April 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
436 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by reza_1661

Hey,
I just rooted my P601, and I got it working & everything's working fine, but since the rooting there is a red cross on the battery icon while connected to my laptop, it's connected to my laptop and recognized; BUT it WON'T CHARGE! It will charge with wall charger though. I tried different cables, and different laptops, but it seems that the problem is my tablet.
Can anyone help me?!
Thanks in Advance

maybe it is the "same" cable even with different ones... just for data transfer and not for charging the device...
22nd September 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
found a fix
Hi, I have the same issue since 4 months ago, it was already rooted, so I change the usb flex with other new and did not worked, the red cross always appears and it couldn't connect to the pc but the hdmi works fine, so I opened the note and in the place that the flex connect to the motherboar there is a kind of clip, when I presed that clip it charge normal and the pc recognize it so I left there a little piece of paper to make continously presure and woks fine now
22nd September 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Perols
Thanks Meter: 134
 
357 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reza_1661

Thanks for your answer @Geordie Affy;
I thought it should be possible to charge it with laptop like all other devices such as my mobile phones ... ! So, there is no way to charge it with laptop? I haven't done something wrong?

You might be able to charge your tablet on your laptop if you power it off (the tablet)
23rd September 2014, 06:32 AM   |  #9  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,628
 
5,449 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Yes, Tilagoon is correct. The red x means you're charging at super slow speed and you have to have the screen off.(don't use it while charging with PC USB)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes