Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Low Volume Issues

OP Anselm09

8th May 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #11  
Flag Amston
Thanks Meter: 155

1,097 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anselm09

Yeah I believe I was accidentally using a nightly instead of a snapshot.

However a couple days after I fixed this issue CM updated to a newer snapshot, and the sound is broken again. Do you think I should report this as a bug? Or just wait for the newest update?

If you did a clean install and it's on a snapshot you can report a bug. But if you didn't do a clean install do that first and then if it's still there report the bug.

Please press the thanks button if I have helped you in anyway.
9th May 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345

If you did a clean install and it's on a snapshot you can report a bug. But if you didn't do a clean install do that first and then if it's still there report the bug.

Please press the thanks button if I have helped you in anyway.

It says all bug reports require a logcat, should I just run some sound apps then include the logcat?

Where's the thanks button?
Last edited by Anselm09; 9th May 2014 at 06:16 PM.
11th May 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #13  

3 posts
Unhappy Natural Log Sound Output decay
I recently installed "Dna Official Stock Kitkat - Rooted" for HTC Droid DNA by "santod040"

All sound files... alarms, ringtones, streaming start out fine then drop volume speaker output to near nothing

Quote:

For some reason the max volume for the speakers is now much quieter than it was before.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Me; I know the ROM is not cwm but stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Quote:

Does anybody know how I could force the max volume to be louder out of my speakers?

I flushed and am trying cm-10.2.1-dlx.zip to test speaker output; might give vipor rom a try as well

The handset is S-OFF, ROOTED, & CWM touch 6.0.4.5, with "Dna Official Stock Kitkat - Rooted" 4.4.2; Yes, sound was fine before the OTA notice came through prompting using santod040 packages.

Much Thanks to all lead to the lite..
12th May 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
viper4android Disables LPA
The only time I had ever had an issue was flashing a nightly dirty. I managed to recover the audio by installing viper4android.apk. The newer versions of V4A automatically detects if LPA (low powered audio) is enabled. It will give you an option to disable it, just tick that yes please button. Usually LPA only affects things like bluetooth audio so it wouldn't drain the battery as fast, but I know with previous CM versions they had a bluetooth audio issue. Most likely completely unrelated but there might have been a WIP that caused things to be construed. If another rom version works then i'd recommend just installing a stable release.
REMEMBER ~ you are able if you run stable
20th May 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
This actually worked for me!

I downloaded Viper For Android, installed the updated drivers it recommended, then turned on "eXtra-Loud" for the phone speaker.

Audio is now just as loud as before.

Where's the thanks button? So that I can give you thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexasCoder

The only time I had ever had an issue was flashing a nightly dirty. I managed to recover the audio by installing viper4android.apk. The newer versions of V4A automatically detects if LPA (low powered audio) is enabled. It will give you an option to disable it, just tick that yes please button. Usually LPA only affects things like bluetooth audio so it wouldn't drain the battery as fast, but I know with previous CM versions they had a bluetooth audio issue. Most likely completely unrelated but there might have been a WIP that caused things to be construed. If another rom version works then i'd recommend just installing a stable release.
REMEMBER ~ you are able if you run stable

23rd September 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #16  
Flag Webster, TX
Thanks Meter: 24

183 posts
More
Just wanted to pipe in with something that may be others source of low volume issues. I have had low volume on my stock Droid DNA for quite some time and really beat my head against the wall trying to figure it out. Turns out it was very simple for me but not terribly obvious. Get your phone out and look at the speaker grill (just below the Beats Audio logo on the back). Does it look a bit clogged? Mine was completely clogged (I don't use a case). I took out a toothbrush I use just for cleaning and cleared it up and my audio is nice and loud now. Just wanted to pass on this simple fix to try so others would see it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread