OP the orange bandit

21st September 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #181  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 16

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanakadjei

CCallahan Thanks a lot for your reply but unfortunately when i try with your suggestion I still get the same error. I downloaded the bootloader from https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14961 and flashed with Odin 3.10, 3.09, 3.07, 3.04 at both Bootloader and PDA but i still get the same error. Thanks for your help. Could the fact that the original firmware was for China be a problem?

Thanks

Seems to me that you are loading the bootloader image to the wrong slot in Odin. Should go to the BL slot, l think.
The Following User Says Thank You to faceN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st September 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #182  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 16

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanakadjei

CCallahan Thanks a lot for your reply but unfortunately when i try with your suggestion I still get the same error. I downloaded the bootloader from https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14961 and flashed with Odin 3.10, 3.09, 3.07, 3.04 at both Bootloader and PDA but i still get the same error. Thanks for your help. Could the fact that the original firmware was for China be a problem?

Thanks

Seems to me that you've been loading the bootloader image to the wrong slot in Odin. Should go to the BL slot, l think.
The Following User Says Thank You to faceN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st September 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #183  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Originally Posted by faceN

Seems to me that you are loading the bootloader image to the wrong slot in Odin. Should go to the BL slot, l think.

Thanks but i loaded it to BL and it still did not work. check my first post. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=177 ) I don't know if the problem is because the bootloader is from china and so i have to wait till a kitkat rom is available for China.

Thanks for your help.
21st September 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #184  
Thanks Meter: 14

90 posts
More
Is there a method to flash new bootloader in custom recovery if we're on build nf1 build? Or can we only flash the tar file via Odin?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Free mobile app
21st September 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #185  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 8,593

8,457 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llblwskydrgn

Is there a method to flash new bootloader in custom recovery if we're on build nf1 build? Or can we only flash the tar file via Odin?

Bootloaders can be flashed with Odin or Heimdall but not recovery.

ramjet73
21st September 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #186  
Thanks Meter: 14

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet73

Bootloaders can be flashed with Odin or Heimdall but not recovery.

ramjet73

Sounds good, I will try Heimdall!
23rd September 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #187  

5 posts
After flashing the new rom, recharging the device become very slow and a full charge takes 6 hours . Is there any way to fix the problem?

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Sorry, I don't quite understand the instruction of the new rom. Does it mean I need to update the boot loader before flashing the rom?

"You can run this rom on JB bootloader but you will have to install a older kernel from this thread to have full wifi working. but I will not support it
First time you install KitKat rom follow the instructions. After that there is no way back to JellyBean BOOTLOADER and your warranty is void as the KNOX is tripped in bootloader. You can still install JellyBean Rom compaired with JB kernel on the new bootloader
Download the rom from this thread for your device and place it on your Note8.0
Install the latest PhilzTouch recovery for your device (I'm running philz_touch_6.41.6-n5110).
Full WIPE if you install this rom for the first time.
Install the rom and reboot"
Last edited by andrew!; 23rd September 2014 at 08:08 AM.
23rd September 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #188  
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 686

1,971 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew!

After flashing the new rom, recharging the device become very slow and a full charge takes 6 hours . Is there any way to fix the problem?

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Sorry, I don't quite understand the instruction of the new rom. Does it mean I need to update the boot loader before flashing the rom?

"You can run this rom on JB bootloader but you will have to install a older kernel from this thread to have full wifi working. but I will not support it
First time you install KitKat rom follow the instructions. After that there is no way back to JellyBean BOOTLOADER and your warranty is void as the KNOX is tripped in bootloader. You can still install JellyBean Rom compaired with JB kernel on the new bootloader
Download the rom from this thread for your device and place it on your Note8.0
Install the latest PhilzTouch recovery for your device (I'm running philz_touch_6.41.6-n5110).
Full WIPE if you install this rom for the first time.
Install the rom and reboot"

You can stay on the JB bootloader with the new rom but will have to flash the old kernel in order for Wifi to work. If you update to the KK bootloader than don't have to flash a kernel for full functionality.

As for issues with the rom, civato is preparing to release a new version which should fix a list of issues users are having.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CCallahan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #189  

5 posts
Thanks for your reply. But is the slow charging is a known issue so that it will be fixed?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd September 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #190  
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 686

1,971 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew!

Thanks for your reply. But is the slow charging is a known issue so that it will be fixed?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using XDA Free mobile app

I have not seen any reports from anyone else having that issue. However, there are things within the kernel that seem to be causing different issues for different users so it may be just a side effect of that.

As always, make sure before flashing you are using the recommended recovery, doing a full wipe, and being cautious of when to restore system/app data from previous roms or builds. In other words, don't cut corners.

The Following User Says Thank You to CCallahan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, civato, civz, flexnote, kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread