Help Make Lux Plugin for Note 3 (Awesome Auto-brightness app)

30th April 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Turn astronomer mode on and turn the brightness down to about -70 percent... notice how the once totally black parts of the screen are slightly reddish. This is because of the fact that lux has to use an overlay work around to to control the tone of the screen. With the root plugin this would not be the case. Black would be black no matter what.

This also is an issue at any brightness. But it is most noticeable at low brightness.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
1st May 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #22  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 447

1,730 posts
More
a dev needs to look into this.. should be easy for someone who is good at smali and stuff

+1 bump
The Following User Says Thank You to xinfinityoO For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfinityoO

a dev needs to look into this.. should be easy for someone who is good at smali and stuff

+1 bump

I am pretty sure you are right about it being easy. Just a matter of having some experience with Java of which I have none. Thanks for bumping this I really hope some one here will see this and feel charitable.

18th July 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #24  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 447

1,730 posts
More
any success on this
23rd September 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #25  
Flag Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 116

519 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingearwig

Turn astronomer mode on and turn the brightness down to about -70 percent... notice how the once totally black parts of the screen are slightly reddish. This is because of the fact that lux has to use an overlay work around to to control the tone of the screen. With the root plugin this would not be the case. Black would be black no matter what.

This also is an issue at any brightness. But it is most noticeable at low brightness.

Ha! I always thought astronomer mode WAS red. Was the same on my galaxy s3 and s2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread