[ROMS][SGH-T679]Mass CM Thread

4th September 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #311  
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
Here is two thing i noticed the dialer issue seem to be related to the kernel cz it didn't appear until i flashed the new kernel this morning and i was recording a video and i used the torch to open the flashlight and it worked
5th September 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #312  
Flag Standing in the middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 186

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karaki93

Here is two thing i noticed the dialer issue seem to be related to the kernel cz it didn't appear until i flashed the new kernel this morning and i was recording a video and i used the torch to open the flashlight and it worked

wife hasn't got the dialer issue since builds ago. did you make sure you one zipped it and wiped davlik-cache per a full reboot? if not or you don't remember try it.
5th September 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #313  
Thanks Meter: 526

77 posts
More
@cars1189 after flashing your 08/28 build, everything's been running well except for one strange bug. I'm currently experiencing a blue flickering on my device screen. One way I've been able to consistently produce this bug is when I launch the Apollo app to play music. I would get a constant blue flicker every five to ten seconds. I also just experienced a blue flickering on my device's screen when I was trying to hang-up from a call earlier today. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Reports from users over at the Galaxy W forum have mentioned the same bug as well:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1954 (reports of issue start here and continue)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1957 (possible fix? note: users are still reporting the problem even after potential fix)

P.S. arco68 seems to have a hard time re-producing the issue. I'll try to see if maybe I can catch it in a log.
Last edited by jajb; 5th September 2014 at 03:45 AM.
5th September 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #314  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 595

434 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jajb

@cars1189 after flashing your 08/28 build, everything's been running well except for one strange bug. I'm currently experiencing a blue flickering on my device screen. One way I've been able to consistently produce this bug is when I launch the Apollo app to play music. I would get a constant blue flicker every five to ten seconds. I also just experienced a blue flickering on my device's screen when I was trying to hang-up from a call earlier today. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Reports from users over at the Galaxy W forum have mentioned the same bug as well:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1954 (reports of issue start here and continue)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1957 (possible fix? note: users are still reporting the problem even after potential fix)

P.S. arco68 seems to have a hard time re-producing the issue. I'll try to see if maybe I can catch it in a log.

I think he eventually figured it out maybe. He reverted some stuff on github to try and resolve it. If it is the fix then ill do the same in the next build. And yes i noticed the reports of the issue before but i havent seen it myself. So im aware of the issue and when a solution is found ill make a new build sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. (beta'ish rom is beta'ish ) If im not mistaken he at least at one point believed it to be a kernel issue. The problem in the kernel he suspected isnt in the K^Kernel i dont think so you may want to try that, The OC build is the most like stock it only has added goves and the ability to OC so there should be no risk if you are one to avoid things like OCing.(in my testing i didnt see the bug with that kernel)
Last edited by cars1189; 5th September 2014 at 07:12 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cars1189 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #315  
Thanks Meter: 526

77 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars1189

I think he eventually figured it out maybe. He reverted some stuff on github to try and resolve it. If it is the fix then ill do the same in the next build. And yes i noticed the reports of the issue before but i havent seen it myself. So im aware of the issue and when a solution is found ill make a new build sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. (beta'ish rom is beta'ish ) If im not mistaken he at least at one point believed it to be a kernel issue. The problem in the kernel he suspected isnt in the K^Kernel i dont think so you may want to try that, The OC build is the most like stock it only has added goves and the ability to OC so there should be no risk if you are one to avoid things like OCing.(in my testing i didnt see the bug with that kernel)

Thank you for the information @cars1189. And no need to apologize, I'm just grateful to even have KitKat running on this ancient device.

I did want to mention that the blue flickering still occurred while using the K^Kernel. However, arco68 mentioned to set the minimum CPU frequency to 368 Mhz and sure enough that fixed the issue.

Thank you again for all your hard work!
9th September 2014, 09:42 AM   |  #316  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta

434 posts
More
Update
New CM11 up, has a more complete workaround for the mms issue. Also fixes the bluescreen issue some have seen. At least from what arco has reported. He also does mention that it may happen sometimes but its alot more rare than before. As always you can expect updated kernels to be up soon.

Edit: Kernels up now.
Last edited by cars1189; 9th September 2014 at 04:55 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cars1189 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #317  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 39

103 posts
More
I'm having an issue with the exposure when recording video on the main camera. It looks fine during preview, but goes dark as soon as recording starts. Recording with the front camera does not have this problem. I tried Google camera in addition to the stock camera. I'm running the CM11 9-9-14 build with the k^kernel 3.4.102 uv vhm 9-9-14 build.

One other issue that I've noticed that might just be KitKat related, because my stock Moto E does this too, is that any apps installed to the sd card lose their icons on the launcher after rebooting.

Other than this, I can't believe how good this runs!

Is anybody else having these issues?
23rd September 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #318  
Flag Standing in the middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 186

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiked_mistborn

I'm having an issue with the exposure when recording video on the main camera. It looks fine during preview, but goes dark as soon as recording starts. Recording with the front camera does not have this problem. I tried Google camera in addition to the stock camera. I'm running the CM11 9-9-14 build with the k^kernel 3.4.102 uv vhm 9-9-14 build.

One other issue that I've noticed that might just be KitKat related, because my stock Moto E does this too, is that any apps installed to the sd card lose their icons on the launcher after rebooting.

not sure about cars version as my wife never used video recording.

@cars1189 and @jfbs just wanted to say it was a nice run with these phones and was awesome to see what you guys have done for us. I was given 2 599's which me and my wife now use. so just wanted to say thanks and it's time for me to move on.
23rd September 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #319  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta

434 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiked_mistborn

I dont seem to be having any of these issues.

When you say you loose icons on the launcher do you mean the home screen or the app drawer? And what launcher do you use?
23rd September 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #320  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 39

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars1189

I dont seem to be having any of these issues.

When you say you loose icons on the launcher do you mean the home screen or the app drawer? And what launcher do you use?

The launcher is stock CM11 Trebuchet. The icons are disappearing from the home screen. If I make a folder on the homescreen and put all the games in there, any of them that are "on SD card" will be gone after a reboot. I think it's a timing issue, because if I open the app drawer right after rebooting it takes some time for apps on the sd card to show up. I think the launcher is doing a check to see if all of the home screen app links are valid as soon as it loads, and this happens before the apps on the SD card are enumerated which causes the launcher to think they're invalid.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though. It don't think it's a problem with your build because I see the same behavior on my Moto E with both the stock and Google Now launchers, and stock KitKat 4.4.3.

If nobody else is having the issue recording video maybe I'll try a full wipe to see if that helps. My daughter decided she likes recording video now, but it's so dark it's hard to make anything out.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread