[ROM][NDC][STOCK][4.4.2][KITKAT][ROOTED][ODEXED/DEODEXED]- Virgin Mobile/Boost Mobile

13th August 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #61  
Flag DeWitt
Thanks Meter: 630

1,157 posts
and when flashing kernel on this ROM, we lose all data - at least I did anyways - so crazy -

VM GSIII/jdsingle76's deodexed NDC 4.4.2/stock kernel 😢
The Following User Says Thank You to remotehugger For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 38

296 posts
Hello all/ I am trying to flash the conquest rom in which I need the 4.2 bootloader. I read the instructions and it said I need odin. Where can I get that?? I googled odin and it came up with many different versions of odin, which if I read it right, a specific version is for a particular phone. Can someone link me to the odin version I need for the S3 I have on boost mobile? Also, I am currently on 4.3 liquid smooth rom, if I choose, will I be able to just flash back to one of my backups without having to change bootloaders? Thanks for the help.
16th September 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #63  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,736

3,370 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreink01

Hello all/ I am trying to flash the conquest rom in which I need the 4.2 bootloader. I read the instructions and it said I need odin. Where can I get that?? I googled odin and it came up with many different versions of odin, which if I read it right, a specific version is for a particular phone. Can someone link me to the odin version I need for the S3 I have on boost mobile? Also, I am currently on 4.3 liquid smooth rom, if I choose, will I be able to just flash back to one of my backups without having to change bootloaders? Thanks for the help.

As far as I know, all Odin versions are for all Samsung Android phones, but I would suggest you go with v3.07.

Recovery FLASHABLE version now posted near the bottom of the first post of the 3Minit Battery Mod for Conquest-Singularity and both Stock ND8 and NDC with 1000+ animated battery icons..

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v7.0, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 40

231 posts
Couldn't turn ON WIFI after installed Deodexed.
17th September 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #65  
Flag DeWitt
Thanks Meter: 630

1,157 posts
hmmm...that's odd - did you get it figured out ? I've never had an issue with WiFi -

VM GSIII/jdsingle76's deodexed NDC 4.4.2/stock kernel 😢
The Following User Says Thank You to remotehugger For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 6

42 posts
I just want to make sure I understand this ROM

Flashing this ROM onto my Sprint Siii will then allow me to activate the phone with Boost - Is that correct?

I've never used Boost before but I'm looking to get away from contracts and this would be perfect.

Thanks

Steve
23rd September 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #67  
Flag Neenah
Thanks Meter: 33

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1040

I just want to make sure I understand this ROM

Flashing this ROM onto my Sprint Siii will then allow me to activate the phone with Boost - Is that correct?

I've never used Boost before but I'm looking to get away from contracts and this would be perfect.

Thanks

Steve

No. In order for your Sprint S3 to work on Boost, you'll have to flash the phone over to the Boost network. You can easily brick your device if you do it wrong, so it's not something to try on your own if you're not sure how to do it.

If you seriously want to use a Sprint S3 on Boost, your best bet is to find someone to flash it for you (try Craigslist), but you won't be able to use 4G on Boost either way.

The better option is to sell your Sprint S3 and buy a Boost branded phone.
Last edited by Darkside920; 23rd September 2014 at 04:38 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darkside920 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #68  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 27,698

15,254 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ting and FreedomPop are good prepaid services you can use without having to flash your device.

My ROM: WICKED X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #69  
Thanks Meter: 2,783

861 posts
Donate to Me
More
Virgin mobile rep told me a few weeks ago that I'm February they will be allowing you to bring ur own phone..... So ur sprint s3 would work with virgin mobile without issue....

Just an FYI....

And again, that's what I was told be a VM rep when I asked if they had the program in march (sorry, months ago).... But would start it I'm February, and advertise it in January....

Sent from a Wicked Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 running KT747 Kernel on KITKAT Touchwiz.

Click the banner below to view my phonechievements. Use the link in the next page "Download app via this user" to help me earn an achievement.

The Following User Says Thank You to the_original_teknikl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, boost, kit kat, ndc deodex, virgin mobile
Previous Thread Next Thread