How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy Note 2 NFC pins damaged. advice, please!

OP mtmerrick

13th May 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #11  
gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
More
looks good ... its the cheapest way to fix your phone ...

please ensure that i case of manufacturing defects they will going to replace it ( there may be chance manufacturing defects so be cautious )

go on replace the circuit board ...
24th September 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Smile Easy workaround
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmerrick

Dropped my phone on concrete. It BOUNCED - thank god for cases. It seems fine, except for this... (see attached image)

Yeah.... One of the NFC pins snapped off. As you can imagine, my NFC no longer works. At all. As I use NFC on a very regular basis, this is not OK.

Anyone have something like this happen to them? Any ideas on how to fix it? I was considering a drop of solder, but I really am not sure about what to do.

Thanks in advance.

I know it's been a while but thought somebody else looking up might benefit at least.
I had the same problem and I wish I knew how the contact broke off. I am a heavy NFC user and so all I did is simply take the inside of a bubblegum wrapper (the aluminium foil) and folded small enough to fit in the pit, yet big enough to make contact with the back cover. Cigarette packs also have such lining wrappers inside BTW. Then I simply have an extra full bubblegum wrapper (folded non conductive side up) and keep it behind the battery JIC I need to replace the hack when I open the back cover and loose the small piece from the contact point or may be miraculously when the other NFC contact also breaks off.

Also, conductive glue could be used to stick it if at all you want to go that far.

HTH!
The Following User Says Thank You to loveyaseen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread