5,815,179 Members 38,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat d2att (at&t) Stable 7.0

Tip us?

aztr0
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I installed the 8.0 weekly last night and noticed I kept getting the couldn't install on USB or SD card error. This is a first.... I did a clean install followed all instructions. I mean, I found a "solution" which is to unmount the card and then install the apps, but really, is that a real solution? I also found something about deleting a temp file but it doesn't exist. Anyone have any idea? I came from stable 7 and had no such issues with any of the many ROMs that I have flashed except for this time around.
iPhone 5
JB iOS 6.1.2
Samsung GSIII
Jellybean Task650
iPhone 4S
JB iOS 6.1.2
SEX1i
EnergyROM 'Cookie' Sept. 18 (21916)

tallsilver
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Xda app failed again....unmount works. All else is good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Ever Changing ROMs

Samsung Galaxy S 3

tbird57
Old
Thanks Meter 179
D/L'd 8.0 so far working OK only thing I when I reboot ring tones revert back to default! Anyone else?
Device:AT$T SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,899

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckinPA View Post
Baseband looks the same in both, but where do I get info on modem/radio?
Baseband is the Radio. Please set the Wireless encryption on the Router to WAP for testing. See how that goes please. Also make sure both phones are in the same room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
I installed the 8.0 weekly last night and noticed I kept getting the couldn't install on USB or SD card error. This is a first.... I did a clean install followed all instructions. I mean, I found a "solution" which is to unmount the card and then install the apps, but really, is that a real solution? I also found something about deleting a temp file but it doesn't exist. Anyone have any idea? I came from stable 7 and had no such issues with any of the many ROMs that I have flashed except for this time around.
Already identified. Solution tested. Please wait for next weekly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird57 View Post
D/L'd 8.0 so far working OK only thing I when I reboot ring tones revert back to default! Anyone else?
Unless Rintones are on internal storage, they won't stick.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perseus71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

undisputedfb
Old
Thanks Meter 26
k, im at a loss. ive searched this thread, and the forum, and cant find a definite solution.
When ever i try and send a mms text, messaging force closes. i did find the adaway issue, and disabled all ad blocking on the phone. a reboot will allow usually one mms to go through, then it starts fc'ing again. ive wiped, clean install, davliks and cache.
im on nightly 8.0 with latest gapps, tried using august gapps, but google services kept fc'ing.
Ideas?
btw regular texts are fine, just wehn sending mms

TomMelee
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Hmm. I just clean wiped and reinstalled 8.0. Using QuickPic to delete a few photos, and all the sudden it's telling me that it can't, because android since 4.4 won't allow an app to write to external storage. I SWEAR I deleted some from there last week no problem. Am I nuts?

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,899

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by undisputedfb View Post
k, im at a loss. ive searched this thread, and the forum, and cant find a definite solution.
When ever i try and send a mms text, messaging force closes. i did find the adaway issue, and disabled all ad blocking on the phone. a reboot will allow usually one mms to go through, then it starts fc'ing again. ive wiped, clean install, davliks and cache.
im on nightly 8.0 with latest gapps, tried using august gapps, but google services kept fc'ing.
Ideas?
Are you using hangouts or stock messaging ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMelee View Post
Hmm. I just clean wiped and reinstalled 8.0. Using QuickPic to delete a few photos, and all the sudden it's telling me that it can't, because android since 4.4 won't allow an app to write to external storage. I SWEAR I deleted some from there last week no problem. Am I nuts?
Kitkat WILL ALLOW any app to write to external SD. Provided the App developer used correct APIs to write in the designated folder. If its a lazy dev wanting to write all over the place, then they are out of luck.

TomMelee
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
Kitkat WILL ALLOW any app to write to external SD. Provided the App developer used correct APIs to write in the designated folder. If its a lazy dev wanting to write all over the place, then they are out of luck.
I thought so. Must have been a new update over the previous version.

undisputedfb
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
[quote name="undisputedfb" post=55627402]k, im at a loss. ive searched this thread, and the forum, and cant find a definite solution. <br />
When ever i try and send a mms text, messaging force closes. i did find the adaway issue, and disabled all ad blocking on the phone. a reboot will allow usually one mms to go through, then it starts fc'ing again. ive wiped, clean install, davliks and cache. <br />
im on nightly 8.0 with latest gapps, tried using august gapps, but google services kept fc'ing. <br />
Ideas?<br />
<br />
Are you using hangouts or stock messaging ? <br />
[quote name="TomMelee" post=55629734]Hmm. I just clean wiped and reinstalled 8.0. Using QuickPic to delete a few photos, and all the sudden it's telling me that it can't, because android since 4.4 won't allow an app to write to external storage. I SWEAR I deleted some from there last week no problem. Am I nuts?[/QUOTE]<br />
Kitkat WILL ALLOW any app to write to external SD. Provided the App developer used correct APIs to write in the designated folder. If its a lazy dev wanting to write all over the place, then they are out of luck.[/QUOTE]
Stock messaging. Tried hangouts also ,and although it doesn't crash, it will come me a "message could not be stored" error if the MMS doesn't go through. Its totally weird

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium