[MOD][ROOT]Native Tether for Kit Kat 19.5.3

Search This thread

nrgyitguy

Nov 24, 2012
Works perfect for Xt1080 non-dev, rooted, wp off, 4.4, 19.5.3.obake, and now working hot spot! Thank You!

leslie2708

Oct 30, 2013
Outstanding!!!

Works with razr hd maxx xt926 also.
But now windows recognize my xt926 as xt1080 though...
Something to do with the build.prop i guess...

leslie2708

Oct 30, 2013
Want to hear my method. Download Xposed Installer > Download Moto Tether module. Done.

I tried to search for the moto tether, using in-app module search but cannot find moto tether. Did you mean x tether?

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

AWESOME!!!!
Replaced it with the right build prop, now all good :D
Cheers sensei!!!

Reactions: Topsnake

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
I tried to search for the moto tether, using in-app module search but cannot find moto tether. Did you mean x tether?

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

AWESOME!!!!
Cheers sensei!!!
Glad you got it worked out

Reactions: leslie2708

jerbear44

Oct 9, 2014
No google voice now

I have success with my Maxx XT1080 rooted running 4.4.4 19.5.3

NOW my google voice cannot connect with google.

Anyone else seen this happen. I'd like the google fixed but if not I am going to need to undo everything.

J

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
I have success with my Maxx XT1080 rooted running 4.4.4 19.5.3

NOW my google voice cannot connect with google.

Anyone else seen this happen. I'd like the google fixed but if not I am going to need to undo everything.

J
Well first off you can't be on 4.4.4 and 19.5.3 they are different. If you were on 4.4.4 and applied this, then that's your problem. Need to apply the one for 4.4.4.

Which build are you positive you were on prior to this? Doesn't matter what the phone says now because the build.prop overrides version reporting.

jerbear44

Oct 9, 2014
I am on 4.4.4 and 19.5.3

Well first off you can't be on 4.4.4 and 19.5.3 they are different. If you were on 4.4.4 and applied this, then that's your problem. Need to apply the one for 4.4.4.

Which build are you positive you were on prior to this? Doesn't matter what the phone says now because the build.prop overrides version reporting.

No Doubt according to my system 1.5.5.3 en.US
Android Version 4.4.4

jerbear44

Oct 9, 2014
inop google voice still

Again, 19.5.3 and 4.4.4 are two seperate versions. You can't be running both. Un-do the tether mod completely, then recheck your system version.

I've unhacked my xt1080. WIFI inop as it should be. rebooted. Google voice still inop.

Android Version 4.4.4
System Version 21.11.21.obake-maxx_verizon.verizon.en.us

In the SYSTEM UPDATE is where it says Version 19.5.3.en.us

So any suggestions?

Links to proper files are really appreciated.

J

rekids

SYSTEM UPDATE is for checking if there is an update available. The files it uses are named for the version they work on to update not the version it updates to.

Google voice went through a few updates with other Google apps recently. I and a few others had issues until the apps updated to current builds. In my case I had to go back into touch less controlled in settings and reset it up to my voice to get it to work again. There may be an easier way but that's what I did to get it to work again.

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
I've unhacked my xt1080. WIFI inop as it should be. rebooted. Google voice still inop.

Android Version 4.4.4
System Version 21.11.21.obake-maxx_verizon.verizon.en.us

In the SYSTEM UPDATE is where it says Version 19.5.3.en.us

So any suggestions?

Links to proper files are really appreciated.

J
That's the problem, you applied a mod for an older version. You can find the correct one on this same subforum labeled "21.11.12" or something like that

ikram123

Jan 11, 2014
mumbai
not working

NEITHER MYSELF NOR XDA ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

1. Download Root Explorer by Jrummy in the Play store.

2. Download the tether zip attached to this post.

3. Go into Root Explorer and find System folder, find priv-app, inside priv-app long press VZWEntitlementServices.apk and VZWEntitlementServices.odex rename to VZWEntitlementServices.apk.bak and VZWEntitlementServices.odex.bak and back out to first folder.

4. Go to sdcard folder, download and find tether.zip that you downloaded from step 2. Extract the build.prop, copy it and back out to the home folder. enter the system folder. Rename the build.prop that is there to build.prop.bak, then paste the one you extracted from the zip.

5. Long press on the file and hit permissions in the menu. change permissions Owner: Read/Write, Group:Read, Others: Read (should show rw-r--r--)

6. Exit out of root explorer

7. Reboot

8. Check the tether it should work.

9. PROFIT! Thank baby jesus and buy me a beer lol

i try on my maxx hd xt926 183.46.10 but not working when i restart my phone display not give only show moto logo and after phone not start hang/freezz ....... i need unlock my Hostpot i try SQL lite method also plazzzz help me

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

3. Go into Root Explorer and find System folder, find priv-app, inside priv-app long press VZWEntitlementServices.apk and VZWEntitlementServices.odex rename to VZWEntitlementServices.apk.bak and VZWEntitlementServices.odex.bak and back out to first folder.

4. Go to sdcard folder, download and find tether.zip that you downloaded from step 2. Extract the build.prop, copy it and back out to the home folder. enter the system folder. Rename the build.prop that is there to build.prop.bak, then paste the one you extracted from the zip.

5. Long press on the file and hit permissions in the menu. change permissions Owner: Read/Write, Group:Read, Others: Read (should show rw-r--r--)

7. Reboot

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785106 thanx for this file working on XT926 4.4.2 183.46.10 or 182.46.10

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012

7. Reboot

The previous Xposed version of this was for Moto, but said it worked with various Samsung models. It doesn't work in v4.4, but then I ran across a referral to this thread.

The problem is, that being on a Samsung (plus having made other changes to it), I don't want to just swap out my build.prop file.

So I was wondering if maybe you could please tell me/us what changes get made to it and I (and others) could just make those specific changes to it manually?

This would help both Samsung users and also Motorola users who have previously customized some settings in their build.prop and don't want to lose their work.

Also, what about the change from IPv6 to IPv4 in thd phone's settings that I've seen mentioned? Does that need to be done also?

Thank You! :)

HuZziii

Jun 1, 2017
Doesn't work

Everything was going great but when I tried to rename the files, it said operation failed :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

7. Reboot

Thanks

Confirmed, works beautifully on Droid Maxx...this has been mentioned several times but us still worth a mention...the phone will still act like it's checking entitlement, but it's not.
    Woops lol - I have a Razr M, not thinking clearly today..

Any idea if this will work on Razr M?

Or if there is a way to get native tether back for Razr M on 4.4.2?

Try the 19.5.3 exploit for the razr m.

Droid Maxx "Developer Edition"
    Sorry dumb question but how do I figure out if I have 19.5.3 or 19.6.3?

I thought Kit Kat was 4.4.2.

(My system version is 183.46.10 and no version number for anything in my "About Phone" section looks anything like 19.x.3...)

Please help - thanks!

Go to > Settings/About phone
    You will see > (Android version) and below that you will see (System version)..these two combined is the info you need..if you have a Droid Maxx..then you will see something like this..4.2.2_12.15.15 which is Jelly Bean (or) 4.4_19.5.3 which is Kit Kat..the Maxx hasn't upgraded to 4.4.2 yet..which is on the Moto X..

sent by my 4.2.2_12.15.15
    (Unlocked) XT1080M Droid Maxx #1
    http://waynekent.com/page6.html

AWESOME!!!!
    Cheers sensei!!!
    Glad you got it worked out