Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

[Q] 4G connection issue

18th April 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
I am unable to get reliable data on my CM11 rom on my razr maxx. I have checked all the network setting with a friend's whos is working and there are two differences:
1. His APN is grayed out
2. I do not get a "pass" on HTTP client test when I go into #*#*4636*#*#

When I fire up the phone it connects at 3G. It then takes about 10 minutes to go to LTE. When it does, it is DOG slow.

I also have the same issue with CM11 roms on my Incredible 4G LTE. It was thinking it was the sim, but it works fine on a stock rom. I have seen other folks with similar issues, but no resolution.
19th April 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 73

348 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolwun

I am unable to get reliable data on my CM11 rom on my razr maxx. I have checked all the network setting with a friend's whos is working and there are two differences:
1. His APN is grayed out
2. I do not get a "pass" on HTTP client test when I go into #*#*4636*#*#

When I fire up the phone it connects at 3G. It then takes about 10 minutes to go to LTE. When it does, it is DOG slow.

I also have the same issue with CM11 roms on my Incredible 4G LTE. It was thinking it was the sim, but it works fine on a stock rom. I have seen other folks with similar issues, but no resolution.

check jakedhs07 cyanogenmod thread about restoring apns
21st April 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero66

check jakedhs07 cyanogenmod thread about restoring apns

Brilliant! Fixed.

I did have to change the permissions on the APN app before moving it. After restoring the APN's from stock, I did have to go in an select the appropriate one.
22nd April 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

35 posts
Follow-Up

After about a day of use, this stopped working. This morning, I was unable to connect via LTE. If I chose an appropriate APN, it would not stay selected (if I went back into APN's after making a change it would be set to something else).

What I did to fix this was to use APN Backup and Restore to delete all the APN's and then restore ONLY the APN's from the stock ROM. So far, it is working.
24th April 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolwun

Follow-Up

After about a day of use, this stopped working. This morning, I was unable to connect via LTE. If I chose an appropriate APN, it would not stay selected (if I went back into APN's after making a change it would be set to something else).

What I did to fix this was to use APN Backup and Restore to delete all the APN's and then restore ONLY the APN's from the stock ROM. So far, it is working.

More Follow-Up

It looks like the APN's get jacked when I use WIFI. Any thoughts?
25th April 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #6  
Flag Payson, UT
Thanks Meter: 30

254 posts
More
Probable Fix - By ME! (CDMA ONLY - XT912)
This is what I did to fix the issue. It doesn't just fix the LTE, but the entire connection overall. (Atleast for me, please leave a follow up if you try this).
---
First things first, goto your APN settings (System Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names)
1) Delete all existing APNs. (tap the APN to enter configuration, open menu and delete the APN.
2) Create a new APN.
Enter the following information:
Code:
Name
Verizon Internet
APN
VZWINTERNET
Proxy
Not set
Port
Not set
Username
Not set
Password
Not set
Server
Not set
MMSC
http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
MMS proxy
Not set
MMS port
Not set
MCC
MNC
Authentication type
Not set

APN Type (NOTE: Must be exact)
default,mms,dun,stdhipri,supl

APN Protocol (NOTE: If doesn't change immediately, try again.)
IPv4/IPv6

APN roaming protocol
IPv4
Bearer (NOTE: This will prevent you from connecting to the Extended Network. If you have issues, change to unspecified.)
LTE
MVNO type
None
---
I tried this and it worked. Basically it is stealing the stock APN.
Last edited by vazersecurity; 20th September 2014 at 09:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vazersecurity For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #7  
Southern California
Thanks Meter: 8

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vazersecurity

This is what I did to fix the issue. It doesn't just fix the LTE, but the entire connection overall. (Atleast for me, please leave a follow up if you try this).
---
First things first, goto your APN settings (System Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names)
1) Delete all existing APNs. (tap the APN to enter configuration, open menu and delete the APN.
2) Create a new APN.
Enter the following information:

Code:
Name
Verizon Internet
APN
VZWINTERNET
Proxy
Not set
Port
Not set
Username
Not set
Password
Not set
Server
Not set
MMSC
http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
MMS proxy
Not set
MMS port
Not set
MCC
MNC
Authentication type
Not set

APN Type (NOTE: Must be exact)
default,mms,dun,stdhipri,supl

APN Protocol (NOTE: If doesn't change immediately, try again.)
IPv4/IPv6

APN roaming protocol
IPv4
Bearer
LTE
MVNO type
None
---
I tried this and it worked. Basically it is stealing the stock APN.

I just tried this in an attempt to resolve my LTE connection issues and APN issues with CM11. Rebooted the phone and it quickly connected to 4G LTE. Will let you know if it doesn't work. Verizon XT912 user in California.
20th September 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #8  
Flag Payson, UT

254 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZexGX

I just tried this in an attempt to resolve my LTE connection issues and APN issues with CM11. Rebooted the phone and it quickly connected to 4G LTE. Will let you know if it doesn't work. Verizon XT912 user in California.

I have been having issues connecting to the LTE network. Right now, there is no solution. I have tried almost everything. I have even tired flashing back to stock with RSD Lite. I made sure that it wasn't the SIM card (i have had issues with the SIM before on a different phone) by putting it in a different/newer 4G LTE device and it connected to 4G LTE with no problem. My RAZR will connect to 4G LTE when I am in certain areas, but the connection isn't a lasting one. It will quickly switch back to 3G. I contacted Verizon Wireless and even took it into a store. They told me that it's the upgrades that they're doing to the network. While the customer service representative said that my model of the RAZR was just outdated and is probably experiencing hardware issues. My solution used to work, but now it's something else. (Hardware or Network related). My suggestion would be to contact Verizon about the issue (revert to stock first; if you need a link as to how to do that, PM me and I will help point you in the right direction.)
================================================== =========================================
EDIT:
I am currently testing a solution. Will report back.
Last edited by vazersecurity; 24th September 2014 at 02:19 AM.
24th September 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #9  

13 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vazersecurity

EDIT:
I am currently testing a solution. Will report back.

Have you tried APN Backup and Restore on CM 11? There are some other flashable fixes as well that I have seen. APN Backup and Restore has worked a few times but I have to do it after every restart.
24th September 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #10  
Flag Payson, UT

254 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by desdecardo

Have you tried APN Backup and Restore on CM 11? There are some other flashable fixes as well that I have seen. APN Backup and Restore has worked a few times but I have to do it after every restart.

I haven't. BUT I'm running on my stock ROM right now. And it's having trouble connecting. I have to restart just to get 4G. And it lasts for a few seconds and then (in the *#*#4636#*#* testing menu) the signal strength turns all weird (I'll provide the number of dBm later when it comes back). Then goes straight to 3G and no matter how hard I try, it won't switch back to 4G unless I restart. I think it could have something to do with the radio (well obviously it is). But something serious that we can't fix unless we have an unlocked bootloader. If frickin' Motorola would let us unlock the device, then we'd be golden.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread