Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Moto G Problems with Messaging after 4.4.3 Update

OP kinkose

9th June 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 607

1,991 posts
Are you guys sure the Messaging app was fully disabled after the update? Also, the only app default for Hangouts is to be set as the default messenger. Perhaps going into settings and setting it as the default messenger would do the same as reset app preferences without resetting all your other defaults.
10th June 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
It didn't make any difference for me. I couldn't send text messages no matter what app was default.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
10th June 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #13  

1,991 posts
After messing with this some more, it seems the issue is if you disable the Messaging app, this behavior exists. If you keep it enabled, then Hangouts will work just fine. This is a pretty bad bug imho.
10th June 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #14  

1 posts
Can't enable messanging app
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzykid

After messing with this some more, it seems the issue is if you disable the Messaging app, this behavior exists. If you keep it enabled, then Hangouts will work just fine. This is a pretty bad bug imho.

what if I've disabled the messanging app before the update and now I can't enable it anymore? is there a solution for that?
11th June 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #15  

1,991 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemoverx

what if I've disabled the messanging app before the update and now I can't enable it anymore? is there a solution for that?

Why would you not be able to enable it in the settings?
24th September 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #16  

1 posts
Originally Posted by onemoverx

Im on 4.4.4 and can even seem to disable the messaging app on my moto g.
25th September 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #17  
Flag Las Vegas

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
So this issue exist on the Moto X 4.4.4. Had Messenger disabled while on 4.4.2 and used Hangouts (past and current version) with no problems. After update to 4.4.4 problem started, but solved with the known solution of re-enabling/re-installing the Messenger app. The problem also exists if Messenger is uninstalled.

My question is does anyone know what is causing this issue? Is it a change in the Messenger app, Hangouts (unlikely), or the core OS (seems most likely to me).

Just curious more than anything, but I would like to remove the Messenger app if possible.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread