Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

[Q] Popping sound between songs

OP irishfan3124

13th May 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
So I just got my S5 yesterday, it is all stock unrooted. When listening to music in the car, between songs, there is this popping sound. Not super annoying, but still it's not very pleasant to hear. Also happens when a notification sound goes off in the middle of a song, between the end of the notification sound and when the music starts again. Anyone else have this problem?
The Following User Says Thank You to irishfan3124 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 62

300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan3124

So I just got my S5 yesterday, it is all stock unrooted. When listening to music in the car, between songs, there is this popping sound. Not super annoying, but still it's not very pleasant to hear. Also happens when a notification sound goes off in the middle of a song, between the end of the notification sound and when the music starts again. Anyone else have this problem?

Try resetting your phone if it stops the problem, otherwise, try flashing stock firmware, this will not trip your knox. If the issue is not resolved, return the handset for a replacement.
15th May 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 174

400 posts
Quote:

Are you using Bluetooth? Could be an interference somewhere or your volume on the phone is turned up too loud.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
15th May 2014, 06:20 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

50 posts
Quote:

Is your phone connected to your car's speaker? Or are you just playing the music over your phone?
15th May 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #5  
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
More
Quote:

I have the same problem. It is not too often, but it does happen every once in a while. I notice it more when connected to car speakers (via cable, no bluetooth). I am not sure if it happens with (regular, no bluetooth) headphones.

My phone is also stock, no root or anything. I've noticed the first time I tried it. I am not sure if I need to return it or not...
17th May 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 13

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finotti

I have the same problem. It is not too often, but it does happen every once in a while. I notice it more when connected to car speakers (via cable, no bluetooth). I am not sure if it happens with (regular, no bluetooth) headphones.

My phone is also stock, no root or anything. I've noticed the first time I tried it. I am not sure if I need to return it or not...

It might be the cables. Though I have not experienced this with my phone, my earphones used to have the popping sounds and then one day one side just totally went off only to reconnect occasionally when I move it to a right bendy position, with the poppy sounds. So it might be the cables.
The Following User Says Thank You to justanotherasian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #7  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 87

423 posts
Donate to Me
More
Audio Click, pop, or stutter.
Quote:

Yes, always happens when using bluetooth over car speaker system. Turning on the screen will stop it from happening. From the information I have found here and on the web, the power saving that samsung wrote to help conserve battery let's the CPU go into a low power state when the phone's screen has been off for a period of time. But if you happen to be streaming music, it will start to skip, pop, or stutter. If you turn the screen on for a short period, don't even have to unlock the lock screen, it will stop misbehaving for the same short period of time. However, if you plug your phone in while driving, you can just leave the screen on and you should not experience the problem. Hope this helps, you can google it for more information.
25th September 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Red face Pop Issue solved.
I've solved the issue. The reason that it makes a pop sound in between songs, is because when power saving mode is on, it is turning off the speaker in between songs. Just turn off "power saving" mode in your settings pull down on your Samsung, and it won't make a pop sound anymore.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread