Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

New firmware update for aftv!!

OP Xavier000

19th July 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #171  
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
Ok so I am on the the firmware prior to this with elmerohueso launcher installed and updates blocked,

If I want to update do I just unblock the updates or should I also disable the custom xbmc launcher first?
I assume I would do this by disabling rbox's Xposed module?

Thanks
20th July 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 8

107 posts
I don't even see the need to block any updates. I got 1 that unrooted me, just ran towel root again and I was back in the game.
20th July 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #173  
Flag Undisclosed Swamp Location, FL
Thanks Meter: 447

395 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spykez0129

I don't even see the need to block any updates. I got 1 that unrooted me, just ran towel root again and I was back in the game.

You will see the need when an update blocks towelroot from rooting..
The Following User Says Thank You to mastafunk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #174  
Thanks Meter: 11

81 posts
More
LOL, good advice! I personally think that FTV will shut down root before they shut down the ability to side load, because thats the only way that legitimate developers can develop, debug and push them to FTV and Amazon is not about to kill that. XBMC is a much lesser threat than root file access in ES app or using USB storage with FTV.
24th July 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #175  

7 posts
Wink New Fire TV update improves XBMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdoshi

LOL, good advice! I personally think that FTV will shut down root before they shut down the ability to side load, because thats the only way that legitimate developers can develop, debug and push them to FTV and Amazon is not about to kill that. XBMC is a much lesser threat than root file access in ES app or using USB storage with FTV.

Hi,

I was able to update to the "official" Amazon update and I do have to say I have noticed improvements with XBMC. Seems to be faster not laggy when scrolling and looking through content with Fire tv remote. Maybe the remote update goes very well with the official update of the Fire TV. As far as streaming I havent seen any buffering yet. However this is all dependent on your internet speed and the source of the content. 9 times out of 10 it is the source. I will continue to test and report back. Two things I did want to share with the community...

First...

You can install any APK from any source including Drop box and other android markets. You can even install from a website when surfing.
There is a tweak that needs to be performed with one of the "bueller" system apks with assistance from the Settings.apk that can be installed which would allow you to check the "unknown sources" box and with the above mentioned tweak you can install any apk.

Secondly...
I am still experiencing blank screen and green artifacts at top of the screen while in the middle of watching a movie. This typically happens after the first few minutes or so. I have noticed the majority of the time the source is Moviereel. Other than that Im using Elmers XBMC launcher and it works great!! Hoping for a better XBMC apk which would eliminate the blank screen and green artifacts (this does happen all the time with every link). I would also like one that allows us to stream large Remux/DTS HD audio files from UPNP. I belive VIDON who is a supporter of XBMC is working on such a XBMC apk Vidon XBMC for Fire tv. Coming soon also for Android TV. Be on the look out!
Last edited by ILLESTNOIZE; 24th July 2014 at 06:24 PM.
25th September 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #176  

1 posts
Question Aftv update
My amazon fire tv updated with out me knowing now I
No longer have root access and my xbmc is acting up movie stop in the middle
Or I'm just booted out to the amazon home screen. Anyone else having these problems or
Has a solution?
25th September 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #177  

3 posts
root
Quote:
Originally Posted by jae60up

My amazon fire tv updated with out me knowing now I
No longer have root access and my xbmc is acting up movie stop in the middle
Or I'm just booted out to the amazon home screen. Anyone else having these problems or
Has a solution?

my root is still working, i just checked it right now. im on the last firmware that is root able and i have disabled update on the fire tv. since the modem block was not working for me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread