[HOW-TO][ROOT][4NOOBS] Resize sdcard0 and internal storage to maximize space for apps

OP bsined

26th August 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tianzhisun

May U can try to update your CWM to "T4.3_PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB_v1.7.zip" first (hit http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2657190)
Hope it may help
Good luck

Thanks, I have this version, is posible to do this with 4.3 and this version of CWN? I read in other site only is posible in 4.1.2 with dual recovery.

Greetings.
27th August 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #62  

1 posts
Tried and worked on xperia v
Thanks, Bro

Sent from my Xperia V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409143257006.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (68.1 KB, 103 views)
Last edited by AbdallaJimmy; 27th August 2014 at 09:39 PM.
6th September 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 10

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0sukaru

Thanks, I have this version, is posible to do this with 4.3 and this version of CWN? I read in other site only is posible in 4.1.2 with dual recovery.

Greetings.

Works well on 4.3 and this version of CWM, If you have rooted your phone with 4.3 , you do not need to downgrade to 4.1.2
16th September 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 42

174 posts
More
I'm having difficulty mounting sdcard0 after boot. The message to format the card upon boot doesn't show up. How can I mount it? The storage section under settings does not allow me to. I'm using Xperia TL, by the way.

Update: The internal SD was formatted to FAT32 instead of ext2 (or ext4?) after checking it in parted. I have to re-do step's 12-14 for the "SDCard only" and leave it unformatted. In step 15, CWM (I'm using PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition) is formatting it in FAT32 instead of ext4. I hope this will not create a problem later on leaving it as ext2 without formatting.
Last edited by LastQuark; 16th September 2014 at 06:30 AM.
17th September 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #65  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 93

210 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastQuark

I'm having difficulty mounting sdcard0 after boot. The message to format the card upon boot doesn't show up. How can I mount it? The storage section under settings does not allow me to. I'm using Xperia TL, by the way.

Update: The internal SD was formatted to FAT32 instead of ext2 (or ext4?) after checking it in parted. I have to re-do step's 12-14 for the "SDCard only" and leave it unformatted. In step 15, CWM (I'm using PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition) is formatting it in FAT32 instead of ext4. I hope this will not create a problem later on leaving it as ext2 without formatting.

It could be something with the recovery version you're using. Please use the one I mentioned in the guide to ensure compatibility. You can flash the recovery after you complete repartitioning.
17th September 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #66  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington, DC

210 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0sukaru

Hi, I tried to but I could not, in the first attempt look like everything was going well until I tried the rm15 command, said the unit is mounted, closed cmd and try again but had errors unknown command when trying to umount / storage. Using the print command, did not appear 14 in the list.
Stop trying and start the phone had a loop asking to be restored, so I had to flash once again a rom.
I have Xperia T with stock 4.3, towelroot and Philz Touch Recovery. I followed all the steps with the phone in recovery, which may be the problem?
Sorry for my English.
Greetings.

If your phone is running JB4.3, you aren't following the guide. Please downgrade to JB4.1.2 in order to make sure the guide is applicable. Once you restore your backup, you'll be back with JB4.3 on the newly repartitioned device.
20th September 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #67  
Thanks Meter: 5

32 posts
It worked fine for me without downgrading to stock 4.1. My ROM was CM11, I just flashed PhilZ recovery and went from step 9 on. Thanks for the tutorial.
24th September 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #68  

4 posts
I am running OmniROM and TWRP recovery on my Xperia T. Is there a way for me to resize sdcard0 without needing to reflash ROM/recovery? I am currently meeting the internal storage limits with apps.
25th September 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #69  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington, DC

210 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspermalfroid

I am running OmniROM and TWRP recovery on my Xperia T. Is there a way for me to resize sdcard0 without needing to reflash ROM/recovery? I am currently meeting the internal storage limits with apps.

Some people above have reported being able to complete the process without downgrading OS version. However, you will still have to do a backup and restoration of your data because you are moving partition borders on the storage (i.e., data will be lost/damaged).
25th September 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #70  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
I need to do this on my V, even though Link2SD kindda solves the issues.

Thanks a lot for this guide!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread