Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[URGENT] Flash wrong model firmware on phone

OP Galaxy Y User

25th September 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #11  
Flag Zaragoza
Thanks Meter: 11

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy Y User

So I recently got a I9000 from a friend. It was on android 2.3.4 and it baseband was I9000ZSJZ, already rooted but had no CWM. I wanted to upgrade the OS to 2.3.6 and add the CWM to the phone but I could not found a thread in the Android Development that contain firmware. So I search the internet and ended up in the Galaxy S Captivate. The thread said if I had normal bootloader with I9000 logo I should flash the one with the AT&T bootloader. I thought those two were the same so I use Odin to flash the latest one with CWM. When it boot, my phone was very laggy, it has no Baseband, the back button turn into the home button and the home button does nothing. I don't see the signal bar and everytime I tried to plug my phone to PC it always automatically turn off. Can anyone know how to fix this problem??? I can still enter the CMW mode and download mode, and I have tried flashing another firmware with baseband I9000 but still no luck. Anyone can help???

I had exactly the same problem. I could not get into download mode, so I bought a "Samsumg USB Jig" from ebay (1.79). Remove battery, connect jig, install battery and the phone will go into download mode. Then use Odin to flash the correct firmware, including the bootloader.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread