[Q] Huawei Ascend G630 Root & Roms

16th September 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
Have unlocked the bootloader and rooted with root genius. Everything works perfect now.
Is there a custom recovery one can install for this phone?
19th September 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #22  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger 2.0

Have unlocked the bootloader and rooted with root genius. Everything works perfect now.

how did you root your huawei g630. i own one and i would like to do it...please guide me

i have unlock code for bootloader from huawei email....but im stuck from this point. anyone please help me.
Last edited by senka01; 19th September 2014 at 11:28 AM.
19th September 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #23  
Flag Budapest, Hungary, EU
Thanks Meter: 28

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by senka01

how did you root your huawei g630. i own one and i would like to do it...please guide me

i have unlock code for bootloader from huawei email....but im stuck from this point. anyone please help me.

Power OFF your device. Then push power on+volume down button for 6-7-8-9 seconds. Connect your phone to PC. Now you're in fastboot mode

If you're on windows 8.1, it will install your fastboot driver. (win8 will also install it - maybe)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
If you're on win xp, win7, then follow this guide(only the third page, fastboot section needed) (remember, don't use volume up+down+power on at the same time, this combination will start the software flashing procedure, if you have /dload/update.app on your SD Card).

http://www.teamandroid.com/2012/07/3...android-sdk/3/
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

after that Download this pack, you need this one

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5qMg...xport=download

Install fastboot driver in device manager, after that open a cmd in the folder where fastboot.exe is stored, and type in:

fastboot oem unlock XXX (XXX is the code provided by Huawei e-mail)

The phone will reboot, and data & cache will be erased(MAKE A BACKUP IF NEEDED BEFORE THIS). Factory Settings will be restored. Now set your device in fastboot mode again, and download this pack.

https://copy.com/FLJn12HGGt4I?download=1

It also has fastboot files, so you don't need that because I provided it before(newer release). Only copy the .IMG file, and the .BAT file to the folder that contains fastboot files. Rename my fastboot.exe to fastboot-windows.exe!!! Run the .BAT file...TWRP recovery will be installed to your device(and the Original Recovery won't be deleted).

Power off your device. Push power on+volume up, until TWRP will be started. Click on reboot, or reboot system, it will ask to root. Allow. Continue the procedure on Android, install TWRP update, and now you have root permission.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

I edited my previous comment, now it can be useful. REFRESH THE PAGE

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger 2.0

I don't recommend one click root applications, most of them contain malware, or install black listed root applications to your phone. I only trust TWRP, it installs SuperSU, which is a trusty app, also can be found on Google Play Store.

You can install TWRP recovery, I provided the link above.
Last edited by danee91; 19th September 2014 at 12:34 PM.
19th September 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
B117 ROM
hi guys.
i have g630-u20 (single sim)
my rom version is B117 and i live in iran.
can i use B127 rom?
if yes; how can i change it?
tnx.
20th September 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #25  

3 posts
G630
Hi. I have noticed that caller name is too small - can I somehow make it bigger? Increase font under display settings not helping on this model.
Thanx.
20th September 2014, 11:56 AM   |  #26  
Flag Budapest, Hungary, EU
Thanks Meter: 28

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrus-king

hi guys.
i have g630-u20 (single sim)
my rom version is B117 and i live in iran.
can i use B127 rom?
if yes; how can i change it?
tnx.

We have the B127 ROM, but for European Channel (european localization - CUSTC432). I saw that B117 for Qatar has the CUSTC433 version, so you should download ROMs with CUSTC433 localization(It should be the Middle East localization).

Try this B125 (I couldn't find B127 with CUSTC433). It has a guide, how to update:

http://consumer.huawei.com/download/...wnloadId=24763
The Following User Says Thank You to danee91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
tnx.
i have some issue with B117 rom.
i havn`t network type option to change my network between 2G & 3G and i should search for operators to switch my network from 2g or 3g.
other roms have this problem?
25th September 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #28  

22 posts
The ""raise volume above safe level" message keeps displaying itself at random times during day/night on this phone (before and after I rooted). Any one with the same problem? How do I disable it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei ascend g630, huawei ascend g630-u20, huawei g630
Previous Thread Next Thread