[Tutorial] "How to" flash the Samsung Galaxy Tab FW to enable phone calls

Search This thread

abibio2001

Jan 18, 2008
Hi. You mentioned "install GST". Please whats GST?

Below you'll find a "step by step" tutorial on how to flash your Samsung Galaxy Tab Firmware to the European version ( unbranded firmware ) and therefore enabling the phone calls option ( and 3G data + 850/1900Mhz WCDMA ) Tested and working for the following tabs: Bell, Rogers.

What do you need?
Download the following package:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/444576369/Samsung_TAB_Euro_Flash_Package.7z

What's in it?

• Kies_2.0.0.11011_16_5.exe
  • Odin3 v1.31
  • P1000XWJJ4
  • P1000XXJK5
  • modem_bell_i9000

Preparation:

A. After downloaded the package and extracted with 7zip Install and then reboot: Kies_2.0.0.11011_16_5.exe (this will install properly drivers x86 or 64 depending on your OS configuration, needed for your Tab and Odin to communicate correctly ).

B. Extract Odin3_v1.31_PITupdate and put the all the files contained in P1000XWJJ4 into Odin3 v1.31 source folder.

C
. Set you Samsung Tab into "Download mode" ( Hold volume down and power button until the device boot up. You'll see a yellow android sign and some warning text like :do not turn off target) and connect it to your PC with the USB cable.

D
. Start Odin3 v1.31.exe and make sure that the com post is yellow highlighted and check off Re-partition.

E
. Load the following files as shown in the screenshot below:

F. Hit Start and then relax, hopefully it is going to be ok and in about 2. min and 50 you'll get a green highlight and pass stamp in the same Odin screen which will also reboot the Tab. It will be In Russian, but not to worry. keep reading below.

G. Turn offf the tab and set it to download mode again. Transfer over the Odin folder the P1000XXJK5.tar file re-start Odin, Connect the phone.

H. Leave the "Re-partition" unticked and load into "PDA" the tar file. Hit "Start" and wait again about 2min and 50 sec, you'll get the same green pass and the tab will reboot.

I. This is the final step. now you are going to flash the tab with the right Modem files. Again like Put the Tab into download mode unpack the modem_bell_i9000.zip into Odin folder then start Odin up and select "phone". Load the modem.bin up and hit Start. Wait for the Green pass and you are DONE!!! :cool::D;)

[note]In order to have Internet and mms going you need to set the right APN settings. Google your provider for specifics.[/note]

Bell canada has the following Settings:

Code:
Name: Bell Internet
APN: pda.bell.ca
Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 610
APN type: Internet + mms
Authentication Type: none

Are you wondering where the APN settings are?

1. Press the Menu key
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Wireless controls
4. Tap Mobile networks
5. Tap Access Point Names
6. Press the Menu key
7. Tap New APN.
8. Enter your settings

FAQ

Credit:
Tutorial By: Neuropass @Newage-os.com How to flash the Samsung Galaxy Tab FW to enable phone calls
Original Poster: clubtech @XDA

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Do you have to quote the whole thing and still miss the GST part in your long quote.

Galaxy S Tweaker app
But don't ask if you can't find it in the market.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

sockaplaya22

Mar 7, 2009
Odin Help

can some1 please post a link to a screen shot of what files to put where in odin or just write it our ... i would be willing to shell out a few dollars via paypal if so

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
No need to go that extreme.
Usually PIT file goes to PIT (DUH!), and only needed if instruction calls for "re-partition".
ROM file (in TAR format) or Kernel file (in TAR format) goes to PDA.
That depends on what are you flashing. The rom or just the kernel.

Modem file (modem.bin) goes to the PHONE part.

jimg1948

Dec 15, 2007
Below you'll find a "step by step" tutorial on how to flash your Samsung Galaxy Tab Firmware to the European version ( unbranded firmware ) and therefore enabling the phone calls option ( and 3G data + 850/1900Mhz WCDMA ) Tested and working for the following tabs: Bell, Rogers.

What do you need?
Code:

What's in it?

• Odin3 v1.31
  • P1000XWJJ4
  • P1000XXJK5
  • modem_bell_i9000

Preparation:

A. After downloaded the package and extracted with 7zip Install and then reboot: Kies_2.0.0.11011_16_5.exe (this will install properly drivers x86 or 64 depending on your OS configuration, needed for your Tab and Odin to communicate correctly ).

B. Extract Odin3_v1.31_PITupdate and put the all the files contained in P1000XWJJ4 into Odin3 v1.31 source folder.

C
. Set you Samsung Tab into "Download mode" ( Hold volume down and power button until the device boot up. You'll see a yellow android sign and some warning text like :do not turn off target) and connect it to your PC with the USB cable.

D
. Start Odin3 v1.31.exe and make sure that the com post is yellow highlighted and check off Re-partition.

E

F. Hit Start and then relax, hopefully it is going to be ok and in about 2. min and 50 you'll get a green highlight and pass stamp in the same Odin screen which will also reboot the Tab. It will be In Russian, but not to worry. keep reading below.

G. Turn offf the tab and set it to download mode again. Transfer over the Odin folder the P1000XXJK5.tar file re-start Odin, Connect the phone.

H. Leave the "Re-partition" unticked and load into "PDA" the tar file. Hit "Start" and wait again about 2min and 50 sec, you'll get the same green pass and the tab will reboot.

I. This is the final step. now you are going to flash the tab with the right Modem files. Again like Put the Tab into download mode unpack the modem_bell_i9000.zip into Odin folder then start Odin up and select "phone". Load the modem.bin up and hit Start. Wait for the Green pass and you are DONE!!! :cool::D;)

[note]In order to have Internet and mms going you need to set the right APN settings. Google your provider for specifics.[/note]

Code:

1. Press the Menu key
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Wireless controls
4. Tap Mobile networks
6. Press the Menu key
7. Tap New APN.
8. Enter your settings

FAQ

Credit:
Tutorial By: Neuropass @Newage-os.com How to flash the Samsung Galaxy Tab FW to enable phone calls
HI

I started to try this, but I got a re-partition fail in Odin any suggestion for this problem

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

HI

So what do I do when I get a re-partition fail message in Odin ??

Thanks

jimg1948

Dec 15, 2007
Hi I tried this flash with my Tab (Bell) but I get a re-partition fail each time can you give me any suggestions please.

Thanks

Jim

DaleLawson

Jun 28, 2012
Screenshots and flashing the Tab

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=929479

I apologize if this questions sounds really stupid but I am trying to figure this out and need a little push here..... Hope someone can help me

This Post about flashing up on the top of this page says " in the screenshots below"
I am trying to flash the tab but cannot see the screenshots so I don't know where exactly to put these downloaded files into the program such as which file goes into the box of phone, pit, pda, and which file to flash first excetera. I dont want to make a mistake any help here would be greatly appreciated. I have all of the files downloaded into a folder. Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

I apologize if this questions sounds really stupid but I am trying to figure this out and need a little push here..... Hope someone can help me

This Post about flashing up on the top of this page says " in the screenshots below"
I am trying to flash the tab but cannot see the screenshots so I don't know where exactly to put these downloaded files into the program such as which file goes into the box of phone, pit, pda, and which file to flash first excetera. I dont want to make a mistake any help here would be greatly appreciated. I have all of the files downloaded into a folder. Thanks in advance

tsocci

Jan 25, 2011
screenshot of files to load into Odin3 missing

Can you post a screenshot of the files that should go into Odin3 when the gt-p1000m device is first connected to the pc? If not can you post a list of the files that should be loaded into odin on the first go around? I'm trying to flash the euro firmware per your instructions to restore the phone function but the screenshort or list of files to load are missing. Thanks.

tsocci

Jan 25, 2011

Can you provide me with the files that need to be loaded on odin3 when the gt-p1000m is first connected to the pc and odin is launched? In the guide above you indicated there was a screenshot of the files that need to be loaded. There is no screenshot however. If you cannot provide a screenshot can you list the files that need to be loaded in order to go through the rest of the steps to restore the phone function to my tab? thanks.

What do you need?
Code:

What's in it?

• Odin3 v1.31
  • P1000XWJJ4
  • P1000XXJK5
  • modem_bell_i9000

Preparation:

C

D

E

Code:

1. Press the Menu key
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Wireless controls
4. Tap Mobile networks
6. Press the Menu key
7. Tap New APN.
8. Enter your settings

FAQ

Credit:

felixthecat123

Sep 25, 2014
Flashing Galaxy Tab SGH-I987. Missing Image

Can you post a screenshot of the files that should go into Odin3 when the sgh-i987 device is first connected to the pc? If not can you post a list of the files that should be loaded into odin on the first go around? I'm trying to flash the euro firmware per your instructions to restore the phone function but the screenshort or list of files to load are missing. Thanks.

I have been looking too for the missing image. Please post or contact me which files I need to go into Odin3. Thanks! You can contact me thru this forum.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What do you need?
    Code:

What's in it?

• Odin3 v1.31
    • P1000XWJJ4
    • P1000XXJK5
    • modem_bell_i9000

Preparation:

C

D

E

Code:

1. Press the Menu key
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Tap Wireless controls
    4. Tap Mobile networks
    6. Press the Menu key
    7. Tap New APN.
    8. Enter your settings

FAQ

If you see missing apps from the market it is because XXJK5 is not an official firmware and the market is not showing protected apps.
    To change this you will need to edit the build.prop file under /system and change the fingerprint.

If you are lazy you can do the following:

1) root the tab
    2) install busybox from the market, open the app and install busybox from within the app.
    3) install GST from the market
    4) go top step 6 in the app "change your fingerprint" ad run the script
    5) go to setting > applications > manage applications > ALL > find "market", force stop and clear data
    6) reboot the tab, reopen the market - you should see all apps now.

Credit:
    So to reiterate, 3g/hspa AND voice work on this build without rotos modem switcher, and it is not breaking the imei??? I am using T-Mobile US. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
    new tab plus

has anyone tried to make phone calls on the plus
    Yes correct. I just made This tutorial to make the process clear seeing that all the procedures written here were all confusing.
    humm...
    I have a Bell tab and flashed it with the procedure above. i posted this guide for people who are beginners with flashing stuff in order to help them and make the whole thing simpler to understand. The Providers I listed above are the ones that have been tested and worked with this firmware.

You need to dig into the forum and find out if it works on sprint tab. Or do you want me to do it for you??????