13th September 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #151  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 108

374 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbangkenneth4

Sir psyke, so does the number 2. Mean that the problem in incoming call light will never be fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto96

I highly doubt it, i have this bug also on another faster phone but with the same amount of RAM. (see Samsung Wave, 1GHz ARMv7 CPU)

Even If not fixed its not a big issue because it can be persistentaly kept in memory with xposed

Correct me, if I am wrong

Hit Thanks If I Have Helped You
13th September 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #152  
Gandhinagar - INDIA
Thanks Meter: 475

512 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto96

I highly doubt it, i have this bug also on another faster phone but with the same amount of RAM. (see Samsung Wave, 1GHz ARMv7 CPU)

I agree with psyke83. This issue is indeed CPU (legacy CPU) and (insufficient) RAM related.

Evidences: I have seen this bug (with a little less screen-wakeup delay but it still takes 4-5 seconds) on Sony Xperia U (Armv7, 1GHz Dual-Core, 512MB RAM). Whereas this bug isn't seen (not even half a second delay!) in Galaxy Grand Duos (Armv7, 1.2GHz Dual-Core, 1GB RAM).

However, I would say that delay is more due to CPU factor rather than RAM because from 1.2GHz onwards, delay is simply not there (even if we assume that incallui remains cached due to higher 1GB RAM, delay of atleast 1 second would be there).
Last edited by Bhargav97; 13th September 2014 at 02:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bhargav97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd September 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #153  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,350

1,135 posts
Donate to Me
There are two system properties that may be useful to test on our devices:
  • ro.config.max_starting_bg - maximum number of starting background apps (services) - defaults to 1 when property doesn't exist
  • ro.sys.fw.bg_apps_limit - maximum number of background apps - defaults to 24 when property doesn't exist
The first property controls the maximum amount of background services allowed, and the second property controls the maximum amount of background apps allowed. I'd appreciate if as many people as possible could test these properties, and let me know if they can improve general performance.

I recommend that you all start with these values:
Code:
ro.config.max_starting_bg=6
ro.sys.fw.bg_apps_limit=8
Copy the above lines into /data/local.prop (create a new file if it's not already present), and make sure to "chmod 644" the file (or else the properties won't be imported). Changes should take effect when you reboot; you can check "getprop" in the terminal to make sure that the above properties are correctly set.

P.S. Fingers crossed, but preliminary testing seems to indicate that I've solved the EGL bug. The fix will be included in the next OTA build.
Last edited by psyke83; 23rd September 2014 at 02:05 PM.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd September 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #154  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 108

374 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyke83

• ro.config.max_starting_bg - maximum number of starting background apps (services)
  • ro.sys.fw.bg_apps_limit - maximum number of background apps
The first property controls the maximum amount of background services allowed, and the second property controls the maximum amount of background apps allowed. I'd appreciate if as many people as possible could test these properties, and let me know if they can improve general performance.

Code:
Copy the above lines into /data/local.prop (create a new file if it's not already present), and make sure to "chmod 644" the file (or else the properties won't be imported). Changes should take effect when you reboot; you can check "getprop" in the terminal to make sure that the above properties are correctly set.

P.S. Fingers crossed, but preliminary testing seems to indicate that I've solved the EGL bug. The fix will be included in the next OTA build.

Test result

1) the overall performance seems to be very consistent even with 8-9 apps open

2) the maximum number of apps I could open at a time is 9 apps and with them open still ROM performs very nicely and maybe around 10-13 background services

3) Major decrease in lag for me compared to older versions with this

Now its my daily ROM thank you

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd September 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #155  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 16

56 posts
More
Quote:

• ro.config.max_starting_bg - maximum number of starting background apps (services)
  • ro.sys.fw.bg_apps_limit - maximum number of background apps

Code:

App i used to Edit the Local.Prop

Build Prop Editor (Jrummy Apps) on the Play Store

Modified Values are

ro.config.max_starting_bg=8
ro.sys.fw.bg_apps_limit=10

Test Result

1.Apps run smooth and responsive.
2.Lock screen delay is 2 seconds..
3.Call Delay still the same..
4.No battery impact (yet.).
Last edited by DinethIrusha; 23rd September 2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Clean Reply
25th September 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #156  
Imphal
Thanks Meter: 97

1,169 posts
Sorry, to spam but your downloading website is very confusing to check which one is the latest . Which one should we choose - cm-11-20140920-NIGHTLY-totoro.zip
113.6 MB or cm-11.0.0-RC10-GT-S5360-totoro.zip ?
Last edited by PREMOLIKES; 25th September 2014 at 04:29 AM.
25th September 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #157  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,350

1,135 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinethIrusha

Modified Values are

[B]ro.config.max_starting_bg=8
ro.sys.fw.bg_apps_limit=10

Try 8, 16 and see if it's any better, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PREMOLIKES

Sorry, to spam but your downloading website is very confusing to check which one is the latest . Which one should we choose - cm-11-20140920-NIGHTLY-totoro.zip
113.6 MB or cm-11.0.0-RC10-GT-S5360-totoro.zip ?

Please keep this thread clear for development discussion and feedback - you're asking a support question, so it doesn't belong in this thread. In future, if you - or anyone reading this - is in doubt as to which topic your question belongs, then you should probably ask in the user discussion thread.

The stable folder contains builds that are updated only when reaching new milestones (such as RC bumps), which happens perhaps once a month. Use the stable build if you want infrequent updates (at the risk of lagging behind in terms of fixes), otherwise you should choose the latest nightly.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #158  
Flag Purulia
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
More
[QUOTE=psyke83;55656878]Try 8, 16 and see if it's any better, please.

I tried 8-16 but its kinda laggy as while in 8-10 I didnt have to turn off my ace for 47 hours and the performance was same...bt I've just tried 8-16 for 7 hours and performance went down!
BDW,is it safe to move dalvik cache to sd-ext by the S2E mod you provided? Or I should leave them on phone memory?
25th September 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #159  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 16

56 posts
More
Quote:

Try 8, 16 and see if it's any better, please.

Please keep this thread clear for development discussion and feedback - you're asking a support question, so it doesn't belong in this thread. In future, if you - or anyone reading this - is in doubt as to which topic your question belongs, then you should probably ask in the user discussion thread.

The stable folder contains builds that are updated only when reaching new milestones (such as RC bumps), which happens perhaps once a month. Use the stable build if you want infrequent updates (at the risk of lagging behind in terms of fixes), otherwise you should choose the latest nightly.

Same performance as i mentioned above.. but i noticed a little decrease...(bit laggy)
Last edited by DinethIrusha; 25th September 2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Updated

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread