**Unofficial and slightly maverick British Z2 Thread.**

OP 5nakedoc

25th August 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
I've just got the OTA notification for update to 17.1.2.A.0.314 on sim-free uk !

Am i right in thinking this keeps all personal data (i.e. its not equivalent to repair phone or factory reset) ?
25th August 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #62  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 119

334 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick0x

I've just got the OTA notification for update to 17.1.2.A.0.314 on sim-free uk !

Am i right in thinking this keeps all personal data (i.e. its not equivalent to repair phone or factory reset) ?

Yes. I got the OTA update notification last week but couldn't use it since I'm rooted. I got a verify issue. So used SUS to update on WinXP, then used OpenSuSE 13.1 to reroot and install dual recovery.

Sent from my SGP311 using XDA Free mobile app
25th August 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #63  
Flag UAE - Abu Dhabi.
Thanks Meter: 49

415 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guhvanoh

Yes. I got the OTA update notification last week but couldn't use it since I'm rooted. I got a verify issue. So used SUS to update on WinXP, then used OpenSuSE 13.1 to reroot and install dual recovery.

Lol my eyes are tiered of searching in xda

i'll be getting the z2 soon,

i want the two links for the sus and opensuse please

EDIT: already got the Z2 lol 3 weeks ago maybe, but i rooted it from xperia rootkit and installed xz2 dual recovery and existenz rom and doomkernel
Last edited by Jhon998; 24th September 2014 at 12:17 PM.
23rd September 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 9

27 posts
More
Quote:

I'm on .402 unbranded UK, and received notification about 17.1.2.A.0.314, however I can't ota update. I think it's because I'm rooted. If this is the case how can I unroot in order to install the update?

Thanks in advance.
24th September 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #65  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 119

334 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhon998

Lol my eyes are tiered of searching in xda

i'll be getting the z2 soon,

i want the two links for the sus and opensuse please

Google for Sony Update Service. You do know that OpenSuSE is a Linux distribution, right?

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by es10n

I'm on .402 unbranded UK, and received notification about 17.1.2.A.0.314, however I can't ota update. I think it's because I'm rooted. If this is the case how can I unroot in order to install the update?

Thanks in advance.

Updating via Sony Update Service will automatically unroot your fone. You'll have to search for another way to unroot.

24th September 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 9

27 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Google for Sony Update Service. You do know that OpenSuSE is a Linux distribution, right?

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Updating via Sony Update Service will automatically unroot your fone. You'll have to search for another way to unroot.

Thanks, trying to update now via Sony PC Companion - will let you know how I get on.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Nope - does not work via PC Companion either - looks like I'll have to figure out how to unroot.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Ok, got it to work (although I have lost root) and I did this via FlashTool and then flashed latest firmware. I did untick Wipe User Data, so I'll let people know my experience with doing this.
The Following User Says Thank You to es10n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #67  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHanAnLG

I too came from a galaxy S3. Like most people, I hated touchwiz.

The problems I'm having with my z2 are just do irritating.

1. The soft keys at the button lag when you press them

2. I've owned a Sony xperia z ultra and this z2 and on both the first initial charge was great ( 7.5 hours screen on time ) and now I'm lucky to get 5 with all the power saving features on. Why is that? I'm not doing anything different. Same apps and I use them the same everyday.

3. The water proof flaps are a bit low end. They close but I really don't trust them

Most of these can be fixed with a software update but I'm not sure don't seem to care. Actually they don't they've already teased the Z3. Goodbye software updates for their "flagship" phone

As much as I love Sony's design and camera I think my next phone will be either a HTC or LG because I'm sick of the constant problems

J

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Works without fault. I didn't even put the apk on the phone

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

I have to admit, as much as like my Z2, I have had exactly the same faults. I've noticed pretty bad lag particularly with the multitasking button, but the other buttons also lag slightly.
Not as extreme as yours, but even with everything power saving enabled, my phone struggles to make 4hours screen on (admittedly constantly gaming.
Still, you learn to live with these niggles - although anyone who has any fixes - please drop a reply

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread