An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Streamline Android Theming with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because I am too … more
Post Reply

I need guidance! Gionee elife e7 mini

7th August 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Weather App and Messaging App
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaitk007

yeah!! Got 4.4.2 kitkat done today!!!

It's awesome!! Gionee e7 mini rocks!!!


Hi ,I have updated my e7 mini to kitkat too..But the weather app doesn't update the temp for me.
Also sometimes I receive a message and when I open it from notification it's gone.
I also feel the battery back up has decreased a bit after kitkat update.Have u faced any of the issues.

It's surprising for such a great phone there are almost no users/developers on xda

Thanks
Jnana
17th August 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jaysingpur
Thanks Meter: 220
 
187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolsk

Hi ,I have updated my e7 mini to kitkat too..But the weather app doesn't update the temp for me.
Also sometimes I receive a message and when I open it from notification it's gone.
I also feel the battery back up has decreased a bit after kitkat update.Have u faced any of the issues.

It's surprising for such a great phone there are almost no users/developers on xda

Thanks
Jnana

Hi,
Have you checked weather app settings? There is an option you need to turn on called "automatic update". it's working fine with me.
Also I have noticed improved battery backup. I am not sure what is wrong with your device.
Well yes, I too have the notification bug. It shows "unread count" even if there are no new unread SMSs. I asked to their service center and they said it's "operator's issue. not ours" lolz! dumbass!!


Anyways I am working on a custom ROM and soon it will be available here.
17th August 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaitk007

Hi,
Have you checked weather app settings? There is an option you need to turn on called "automatic update". it's working fine with me.
Also I have noticed improved battery backup. I am not sure what is wrong with your device.
Well yes, I too have the notification bug. It shows "unread count" even if there are no new unread SMSs. I asked to their service center and they said it's "operator's issue. not ours" lolz! dumbass!!


Anyways I am working on a custom ROM and soon it will be available here.


Yea I turned on the automatic update..Now it's updating.But compared to other weather apps it really shows different temp..Anyway it doesn't matter..I think for a few days my battery drain was kinda unpredictable or sometimes it would come down rapily all of a sudden..But now I think it's way better ..No compaints there...lol@operator issue..It's definitely a bug.Even Gionee India tweeted they were aware of this issue..It's a great phone.Really sad to see almost no developers on XDA...At least we have you ..Also are you able to root after Kitkat update?
19th August 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jaysingpur
Thanks Meter: 220
 
187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
Donate to Me
More
Hi,
I found a temporary solution for the message bug.

1.Go to settings>> apps
2.Roll over to "All apps" tab
3.Find Novi launcher>> clear data
4.Find messaging app>> clear data
5.Reboot your device.

##########Caution ##########
By clearing the data of Novi launcher, all folders you have created will be gone and you will see all of your apps scattered. So you have to take the pain to re categories them.

By clearing data of messaging app, all settings will be restored. You have to again customize them according to you.
###########################

Though this is not a permanent solution, still you can get rid off that irritating message count notification.

Regards,
Adwait

Sent from my E7mini using XDA mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to adwaitk007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jaysingpur
Thanks Meter: 220
 
187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
Donate to Me
More
New custom ROM under testing!
Hello guys,
A good news for gionee e7 mini community! I am working on a custom ROM, a miui port which is under testing. Once I find it working properly, I will upload it for all of you! Wish me a good luck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to adwaitk007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #16  
najamahmedisb's Avatar
Member
Flag islamabad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaitk007

Hello guys,
A good news for gionee e7 mini community! I am working on a custom ROM, a miui port which is under testing. Once I find it working properly, I will upload it for all of you! Wish me a good luck!!

best of luck [emoji4]
26th September 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Flag always on the run
Thanks Meter: 23
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Hope you will succeed porting it. We need developers

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes