BBC iPlayer now working with chromecast...!

OP jamesking420

13th April 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

I recommend simply flashing the newest Eureka-ROM as that is currently based on build 16664 which brings it back in-line with the stock updates.

I did just that. Procrastination has its advantages as i noticed that the latest version of Eureka was built on 16664. I have successfully rooted the Chromecast with the latest Eureka release, i have disabled the DHCP from the control panel and input Overplay SmartDNS IP adresses and iplayer from my ipad is casting to the TV.

Thanks for every one's help.
26th September 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Iplayer not working on chromecast
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelhealy

Update:

In Android on Chromecast app, I unticked "send this chromecast serial number when checking for updates", I turned powered off then on the Chromecast. Then when on the android iplayer app i connected - it worked. The Chromecast then shows the iplayer on the TV screen with "ready to cast".

However, I get "an error has occured try again" on the iplayer app when I actually try to cast.

I'll keep trying...

I have sussed it out guys! Go to your internet suppliers website, log in, hit advanced settings, then smart setup. Once you're there, turn "smart settings/startup" OFF. This will fix iplayer and Netflix. I had so much trouble so I went mad on Bts website and ended up fixing both. Hope this helps. God Bless guys.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread