Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more
Post Reply

Bootloop?

15th September 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #21  
demkantor's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,801
 
5,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Then its less likely to be hardware related, I would do a full format with fastboot then flash all stock firmware and software and see what happens
16th September 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #22  
Senior Member
South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 9
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

Then its less likely to be hardware related, I would do a full format with fastboot then flash all stock firmware and software and see what happens

I have tried that with no luck. Once it boots up and I remove it from the charger, it dies and starts to bootloop.
17th September 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #23  
demkantor's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,801
 
5,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelearth

I have tried that with no luck. Once it boots up and I remove it from the charger, it dies and starts to bootloop.

So everything works great so long as tablet is connected to power supply? Only loops when disconnected?
If this is the case and you have done full format and return to stock then I would assume battery is at fault
But you also said that if you boot to recovery or bootloader then take it from power supply all works well, that would lead me to believe that it is software/firmware related. Are you positive you did full formatting?
19th September 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #24  
Senior Member
South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 9
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

So everything works great so long as tablet is connected to power supply? Only loops when disconnected?
If this is the case and you have done full format and return to stock then I would assume battery is at fault
But you also said that if you boot to recovery or bootloader then take it from power supply all works well, that would lead me to believe that it is software/firmware related. Are you positive you did full formatting?

I should note that when in the bootloader my nexus is connect via usb to my laptop. But i think i did have it untethered and it did nit boot but now you have me second guessing myself.

And yes im sure I did a full wipe. I sed the nexus toolkit to flash stock images.
19th September 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #25  
demkantor's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,801
 
5,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Well best to double check if it loops in just os or also in bootloader and recovery, it will tell a lot
And by fully wipe/format I wouldn't count a toolkit doing this ad it often isn't what happens, if you have issues - always manually format and manually flash, otherwise you can't troubleshoot properly and we all just go in circles
24th September 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #26  
Senior Member
South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 9
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

Well best to double check if it loops in just os or also in bootloader and recovery, it will tell a lot
And by fully wipe/format I wouldn't count a toolkit doing this ad it often isn't what happens, if you have issues - always manually format and manually flash, otherwise you can't troubleshoot properly and we all just go in circles

Ok, so I manually flashed stock images of Android 4.4.2 - 4.4.3 - 4.4.2 - 4.4 - 4.3. Only one would allow me to boot up which was 4.3.

When I first booted 4.3 it said my battery was at 0% so I plugged it in the wall charger.

Its been charging for over an hour and still shows battery at 0%. This leads me to believe it might be a hardware related issue.

By the way, I had zero issues with bootlooping while in the bootloader on or off power source.

Update 1: My battery is now at 2% having been on the charger for 2 hours. Any ideas?

Update 2: Suddenly my battery is at 100% just 20 minutes since my last update. I pulled it off the charger and about a 30 seconds later it started to bootloop.
Last edited by michaelearth; 24th September 2014 at 05:26 AM.
24th September 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #27  
demkantor's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,801
 
5,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
It sounds like a bad battery, did you also manually format with fastboot? If not try this as well
26th September 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #28  
Senior Member
South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 9
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

It sounds like a bad battery, did you also manually format with fastboot? If not try this as well

How would one go about replacing the battery?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app
26th September 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #29  
demkantor's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,801
 
5,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Buy it from where ever you find the best deal, open the back and swap it out
Refurbished 33.38wh 8900ma SP3496A8H Battery for Samsung Google Nexus 10 N10 Tab

The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 10 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank