[Q] LG G2 Verizon (vs980) GPS works with stock but not ROM -- what gives?

OP xdanb

6th February 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 36

672 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejy462

If you are in North America I world use the stock gps.conf file (with drive link) or flashible zip if you aren't having any luck with that one. If you're not in North America or this two did not work give Faster GPS app a try. If none of those are working, compare your gps.conf file with the stock one... I've always had good luck with gps after fixing the gps.conf file.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

I compared it to stock one and it was the same. I am on Verizon, so yeah North America. So do you suggest I flash that zip file? Thanks
6th February 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #12  
Flag Ames
Thanks Meter: 394

761 posts
Donate to Me
More
Lol. I didn't even read the op. if you're on Verizon, of course it's north America. Try faster gps first. It'll make a backup of the original in case there isn't a difference.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvance325

I'm fairly proficient with Android but haven't dealt with this config file before. Can you point me in the correct direction?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Gps.conf is at /etc. You can open it with nearly any text editor.

The Following User Says Thank You to ffejy462 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #13  
Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 22

52 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Lol. I didn't even read the op. if you're on Verizon, of course it's north America. Try faster gps first. It'll make a backup of the original in case there isn't a difference.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Gps.conf is at /etc. You can open it with nearly any text editor.

Faster gps didnt work or AGps injector
Cut the data from the config file. Copied the file from /system/etc, dropped it in the download folder, pasted over the gps.config file with your file (couldnt get root rights to paste over in ES File) renamed original GPS.config to 1gps.config. Moved my rewritten file to the system/etc folder. Rebooted and got a lock. Why the hell Don't they use this as the normal GPS file.
Thanks for the file.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikkey81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:

If you are in North America I world use the stock gps.conf file (with drive link) or flashible zip if you aren't having any luck with that one. If you're not in North America or this two did not work give Faster GPS app a try. If none of those are working, compare your gps.conf file with the stock one... I've always had good luck with gps after fixing the gps.conf file.

Had the same problem with GPS after a ROM flash. Tried many tools and only had success with GPS Status (tool automatically downloads AGPS data). I followed the advice to use the stock GPS config file and it worked great. Tested without the help of GPS Status and got a fix within seconds.
26th September 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
[QUOTE=ffejy462;49584495]Or replace GPS.conf with original copy. It's quite a bit better than the other methods I mentioned.

://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwj2Hf45t6uMV0NNbXJGSkZiTlE/edit?usp=sharing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app[COLOR="Silver"]

Thank you ffejy462 gps.conf worked instantly
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread