Handling VCards via MMS - FIX!

OP jfdid

8th June 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
More
I've been searching forever for an app that will handle Vcards sent to my S3 via a Blackberry or iPhone. The MMS comes in blank on my text app (8ms messsaging) or even stock messaging app, but there's no way to view the vcard attachment.

Enter "Save MMS Attachemtns" app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bappli.savemms

Opening it brings up a list of all of your MMS messages within your text threads. The interface isn't very advanced and I haven't played with it enough to be able to select just one MMS, but regardless...clicking save will export all MMS to a folder on your phone entitled "SaveMMS"

From there, you'll need to delete the extra extension text after ".vcf"

Now click on it to open with your vcard handler app. I use DW Dialer as it's way better than stock Google dialer. It takes 8 seconds to respond after clicking, but it will import to your contacts.

This is far from an elegant fix, but if you receive vcards for work like me, you need something that will work, no matter how involved.

If anyone has a better way, let us know but a big thanks to the dev for writing this.
26th September 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I've created app that handles vCards and it is capable of importing vCards from MMS. It's not free but I hope it's worth the price. Search for bizCard Manager.

Let me know what do you think.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dw dialer, export, mms, vcard
Previous Thread Next Thread