Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][KitKat][4.4.2][Unofficial]BeanStalk Build 4.4.285 NEW_FORMAT- 4.4.2 [Jewel]

OP GoblinZ

9th September 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #231  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 191

2,010 posts
More
I have a question. What is the biggest factor in how widgets align on home screens? Is it DPI, grid size, or a combination of both? Here is why I ask. On Sense Rom's, the HTC widgets (and others) line up nice and symmetrical. For instance, if I have the standard HTC clock widget on the top portion of the screen and a row of app icons (or folders) along the bottom of the screen, adding for instance their agenda widget would fit proportionally between them. When I'm running an AOSP rom, the widgets don't seem to fit proportionally (or I haven't figured out how to do it).
18th September 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #232  
Thanks Meter: 92

115 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirehawk

I have a question. What is the biggest factor in how widgets align on home screens? Is it DPI, grid size, or a combination of both? Here is why I ask. On Sense Rom's, the HTC widgets (and others) line up nice and symmetrical. For instance, if I have the standard HTC clock widget on the top portion of the screen and a row of app icons (or folders) along the bottom of the screen, adding for instance their agenda widget would fit proportionally between them. When I'm running an AOSP rom, the widgets don't seem to fit proportionally (or I haven't figured out how to do it).

It ought to be a combination of the DPI and the launcher you use. I think that DPI is a bigger factor, if I'm not mistaken, but different launchers also have options for how your icons and widgets fit on the screen. If you want to try and fit more stuff on the same screen, try playing with your DPI and see what effect it has. Also, check your launcher options as far as its rules for stretching and tile arrangements. The other option is to try different launchers.
21st September 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #233  
Thanks Meter: 135

191 posts
http://d-h.st/dnF

Newest version has cm theme engine enabled and functioning for the first time.

This is my first successful build (other than a cm11 practice build). CM kernel and device tree. If something's broken, feel free to tell me about it, but I probably won't have a clue how to fix it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fizbanrapper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #234  
Thanks Meter: 135

191 posts
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B161...p=docslist_api
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fizbanrapper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread