More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

AVRCP Metadata not submitting via Bluetooth.

OP Purest

2nd September 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
After reading through the thread and browsing around, I'm convinced this is an issue with 4.4.2 and requires an android update to resolve.

I told myself I was going be a good little boy and keep this phone stock (had issues before trying to run 4.3 on my Gnex with VZ radio and decided the risks outweighed the rewards) but I'll probably be 6 feet underground before Verizon OTAs 4.4.3 so I might end up rooting this sucker.
4th September 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #22  
Flag Leipzig
Thanks Meter: 13

81 posts
More
Well, since it is working for some guys in this thread and avrcp is an option to check or uncheck in the hidden LG settings menu i think it is rather a sluggish proprietary implementation by LG not working with all headunits. Can one exchange the Bluetooth Stack in a rooted G3, say from a working G2 or Nexus 5?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
12th September 2014, 01:00 PM   |  #23  
Flag Trondheim
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
The autoaudio app did the trick for me. I've got a Nissan Leaf 2012.
13th September 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
For me the autoaudio app does not fix it. I am running 4.4.2 on a VS985. Just upgraded today from an HTC droid DNA which was on Jelly Bean and that had no problems streaming the metadata. On the new phone I can't stream Bluetooth metadata with either Plex or Pandora. I haven't tried the native music player app yet but will do so for grins.

There has been mention of a secret services menu. Does anyone know how to access that on the VS985 so I can make sure that AVRCP is checked?

If there is anything else I should be trying to make this work let me know. Of course I can read the metadata off of the phone screen but it was really slick with it appearing on my Kenwood head unit as well.

Peace, Nate
26th September 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #25  

22 posts
Smile
So I was also having this problem with my stock pioneer unit in my 2014 Scion TC, no information data was being shown while playing music from Pandora.

I simply UNchecked LG AVRCP 1.3 option in the hidden menu. Problem fixed, music information is showing up fine now.
26th September 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #26  

8 posts
Glad to hear you got yours working!

I'm on Verizon though and don't feel like rooting my phone just to be able to access the hidden menu.
26th September 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #27  

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helrich

Glad to hear you got yours working!

I'm on Verizon though and don't feel like rooting my phone just to be able to access the hidden menu.

Idk how you can do it without root. I had to root mine, I'm on AT&T. It's hard not too with the freedom, and options rooting gives you.
Coming from the HTC ONE from Sprint, i could say rooting the G3 was probably the easiest phone i have rooted. Too bad they haven't unlocked the bootloader, but hey the G3 is a pretty solid phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread