Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can I update my SGH i537 to 4.4 with Telcel carrier?

OP ViciousCC

23rd April 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Coacalco
Thanks Meter: 0

42 posts
More
Hello All

I'm new with this phone and I want to update it to 4.4, currently is running 4.3 but until now I can find a way to flash the 4.4 rom, maybe my bootloader is locked because odin don't let me flash it, also i'm looking for a debranded version

Regards
23rd April 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #2  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 395

1,164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousCC

Hello All

I'm new with this phone and I want to update it to 4.4, currently is running 4.3 but until now I can find a way to flash the 4.4 rom, maybe my bootloader is locked because odin don't let me flash it, also i'm looking for a debranded version

Regards

Your bootloader is locked, I'm guessing you're on UBUBML3 firmware. The only way you can update (or install any other firmware for that matter) is to get official firmware for your pone that has been signed by Samsung. The AT&T 4.4.2 update will not work on your phone unfortunately, so you're going to have to get the update directly from Telcel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Coacalco

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

Your bootloader is locked, I'm guessing you're on UBUBML3 firmware. The only way you can update (or install any other firmware for that matter) is to get official firmware for your pone that has been signed by Samsung. The AT&T 4.4.2 update will not work on your phone unfortunately, so you're going to have to get the update directly from Telcel.

Damn.... well thanks for your answer
20th September 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #4  

21 posts
Telcel over AT&T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

Is it possible to flash stock Telcel ROM over AT&T ROM?
20th September 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #5  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 395

1,164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gino1974

Is it possible to flash stock Telcel ROM over AT&T ROM?

No
27th September 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #6  

21 posts
Can anyone tell me if there is a specific kernel that needs to be flashed along with custom roms when running on Mexican carrier Telcel??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread