Post Reply

S5 Chinese g9006v

OP ATHATH

8th May 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Are the custom ROMs made for the international S5 g900f compatible with the chinese s5 g9006v? The only difference as far as I know is the difference in LTE bands and the lack of google play.
9th May 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHATH

Are the custom ROMs made for the international S5 g900f compatible with the chinese s5 g9006v? The only difference as far as I know is the difference in LTE bands and the lack of google play.

I have not heard of anyone doing it, but, but suppose it wouldn't really hurt to try if you had a nandroid backup ready incase of problems...

I agree that it is different in those regards and those only from all that I've read. There is a thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738617 that someone made that links to how to custom recovery (in chinese sadly), how to root it, and I personally after rooting/recovery was able to flash gapps 4.4.2 on it and it worked just fine for me. I still want a custom english based ROM that will have gapps fully default installed and all the samsung stuff working, basically a GPE version ROM with all the samsung crap that gives it all the nice features that default android doesn't have.

Now, with all that said, I have seen a TON of people showing different versions compatible with the 900F version and never once seen the 9006V listed as one of those...
24th May 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Oh me, oh my, the more I (try) to learn, the more confused I become.

The stock ROM from sammobile doesn't include Google apps?
24th May 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 473
 
1,816 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laohu

Oh me, oh my, the more I (try) to learn, the more confused I become.

The stock ROM from sammobile doesn't include Google apps?

i think phones in china don't ship with google apps? :S not too sure.
25th May 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe

i think phones in china don't ship with google apps? :S not too sure.

They most certainly do not. I just didn't know if that meant stock sammobile ROM wouldn't have them.

So then, I guess the solution is to flash a stock KitKat ROM on the phone (I assume those do exist)?
25th May 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 473
 
1,816 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laohu

They most certainly do not. I just didn't know if that meant stock sammobile ROM wouldn't have them.

So then, I guess the solution is to flash a stock KitKat ROM on the phone (I assume those do exist)?

Sammobile chinese stock rom doesn't have gapps because it is exactly the same as the rom on the phones. i believe it is pulled from OTA or KIES.
and there are stock kitkat roms available now in the original android development section, but there are bugs and not suited as a daily driver IMO. also not sure if it supports the chinese model
27th September 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
hope
lidroid has made couple of custom roms for g9006v model but they are not in english yet. As i know lidroid first make them in chinese then it is translated to english. And he made a perfect working custom rom for g9006v. I think english rom will be available soon. I also have been looking for a rom. But now i at least tried the root the phone. I am going to wait for a custom rom unfortunately.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank