Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Google Cardboard DIY virtual reality app not working on note 2 ?

OP kaceps

5th August 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
[QUOTE=SPIDERTECH;54609913]I saw that you sent the donation. Thank you for that.
Was there a particular ROM you were looking at for the 4.4.2 or were you wanting to update to the official release?


Spidertech, I sent you a private message. Thank you! Looking forward to Otterbox case template.
jbcoop
7th August 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #22  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Where to buy lenses
Quote:
Originally Posted by firoz3321

I have tried both apps. Due to loss of edge data i don't really see a point watch videos in it. Unless the videos are made to compensate the loss (round cornered videos)

Also in my first post i attached template but its not getting attached.

Thank you very much for posting the templates. What would you have done differently from the template you posted to get it to close? I also noticed that the template is most likely for the Note 3. (The volume rocker was shifted.)

Also, where did you (or anyone else that did this build) find the lenses? (Please link)

Would these work? http://www.edmundoptics.com/optics/o...x-lenses/28369
Last edited by cooperg21; 7th August 2014 at 08:26 PM.
7th August 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 7
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Yes the template was of note 3, but somehow this fits my note 2 perfectly ( may be printer reduced the size a bit)

I didn't get your query.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th August 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
http://www.unofficialcardboard.com/p...cut-kit-w-nfc/
19th August 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #25  
SPIDERTECH's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 13
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperg21

Thank you very much for posting the templates. What would you have done differently from the template you posted to get it to close? I also noticed that the template is most likely for the Note 3. (The volume rocker was shifted.)

Also, where did you (or anyone else that did this build) find the lenses? (Please link)

Would these work? http://www.edmundoptics.com/optics/o...x-lenses/28369

Those lenses will not work. The focal length is 58mm whereas the ones used with the Google Cardboard template are 40mm. The ideal lenses would be 25mm Diameter x 40mm FL. I have a modified version that I used with some lenses I got out of a pair of "as seen on TV" binocular glasses. I'm not sure what the size of those lenses are, but it is higher than 40mm since I had to increase the distance between the phone and the lenses for it to focus properly.

Put this string into Google and you should find all that site has for this size lens

Code:
25mm Diameter x "40mm FL" site:http://www.edmundoptics.co.uk


---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

[QUOTE=jbcoop;54627820]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIDERTECH

I saw that you sent the donation. Thank you for that.
Was there a particular ROM you were looking at for the 4.4.2 or were you wanting to update to the official release?


Spidertech, I sent you a private message. Thank you! Looking forward to Otterbox case template.
jbcoop

Almost done with the otterbox template. I have to separate the lens holder into two files since it's so big. As with the other one I posted there will be both a zip with individual 8.5 x 11in PDFs you print out and match the numbers for as well as a PNG with everything in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to SPIDERTECH For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #26  
SPIDERTECH's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 13
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Donate to Me
More
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcoop


Almost done with the otterbox template. I have to separate the lens holder into two files since it's so big. As with the other one I posted there will be both a zip with individual 8.5 x 11in PDFs you print out and match the numbers for as well as a PNG with everything in it.

I finished the template. I'm going to print it out and assemble it so I can do a test fit to make sure everything fits right. I'll post the files as soon as I get that done.
26th September 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
416 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by firoz3321

I have tried both apps. Due to loss of edge data i don't really see a point watch videos in it. Unless the videos are made to compensate the loss (round cornered videos)

Also in my first post i attached template but its not getting attached.

Do these need cropping before print as I found they come out smaller than googles own cardboard.
No way do they fit my note 3. (
27th September 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 7
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnookie

Do these need cropping before print as I found they come out smaller than googles own cardboard.
No way do they fit my note 3. (

I printed it 100% ratio and it fits exactly for my note2.
But that is actually a template for not3. (which should be a little bigger)
The Following User Says Thank You to firoz3321 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th September 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by firoz3321

I printed it 100% ratio and it fits exactly for my note2.
But that is actually a template for not3. (which should be a little bigger)

I'm confused I tried printing again and it still prints smaller. :0(
Did you resize it to the template outline? or the full page including the instructions on the top?
Help please what program did you print it from?

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by firoz3321

I have tried both apps. Due to loss of edge data i don't really see a point watch videos in it. Unless the videos are made to compensate the loss (round cornered videos)

Also in my first post i attached template but its not getting attached.

I printed using the three images you provided in post 20.
They are printing really small for me. (
27th September 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #30  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 7
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
I printed them by right click on image and select print. On Windows 7 i get a pop up asking how i want to print ( like size and direction) make sure its not set to auto fit. Print at 100%.

Or u can print at say 110%, 120% and so on to best match the screen size. However the distance between lense to lense should NOT increase. Make sure the distance between the centre of 2 lense remains same as mentioned in template.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes