Is it possible to make a moto g case with MicroSD and Charging capability?

OP Kwipper

28th June 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 134

486 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethrat

Wireless charging wouldn't work as we have no receiver within the phone and if you put one in you'd need access to the battery. Any wireless charging case will have to use the micro USB port.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I suppose this is more complicated than what you are willing to do? But on the topic of a case with a microsdcard reader built in, has anyone found anything like this?
14th July 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
I was thinking about the theoretical possibility of doing this and I found an image of how to make an OTG Y-Cable. You need a resistor (100k) to the Sync pin, and that's it.

Therefore, what the cover circuit would need is: a small Wireless Charger receiver wired to the Y-Cable's +5v and Ground and a MicroSD reader without the USB plug, connected directly to the wires. Additionally, I would recommend to add a small hub to support, together with the MicroSD reader, two other MicroUSB ports on the cover: one for charger-only, and another to have an useable MicroUSB port, as the one on the phone would be occupied. It would have to be at least 1.5mm thick to fit the microUSB female ports, which would be the biggest parts.

Well, in theory, it is possible. But I don't know if the Moto G has a big enough market share that would make any company produce something like that... Maybe I'll try to do one myself someday, just for the fun factor. ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to lightning.thb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th September 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
[QUOTE=lightning.thb;54147123]I was thinking about the theoretical possibility of doing this and I found an image of how to make an OTG Y-Cable. You need a resistor (100k) to the Sync pin, and that's it.

Anyone figure this out?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread