Covert HTC One M8 Verizon to Fully Compatible T-Mobile Version

18th August 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 30

264 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrazyDirectioner

I'm wondering the same thing and likely have the answer. This thread is really unspecific as to what the "conversion" is. Basically it just disables CDMA and enables standard UTMS 3G. It does not enable the 1700MHz AWS HSPA band used by T-Mobile in refarmed areas, and by Wind on their entire network. With Wind being an only 3G AWS network, you NEED the 1700MHz AWS HSPA band in order it for it to work, unlike T-Mobile where in non-refarmed areas without 3G it just drops down to EDGE.

In my case I'm using this thread method to enable voice and data at same time for Movistar Colombia gsm network which is having lte at band 4 1700 mhz. By the way I used this 'converted' phone past week in Claro Puerto Rico network at 700 mhz lte band and in Haiti Digicel 3g only network with no issues.
Last edited by motumbo; 18th August 2014 at 02:41 PM.
18th August 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #112  
Thanks Meter: 4

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motumbo

In my case I'm using this thread method to enable voice and data at same time for Movistar Colombia gsm network which is having lte at band 4 1700 mhz. By the way I used this 'converted' phone past week in Claro Puerto Rico network at 700 mhz lte band and in Haiti Digicel 3g only network with no issues.

I'm also using an HTC One M8 originally from Verizon in Colombia with the tigo carrier. I'm using android revolution HD 8.0, and have intermittent voice and data, I'm using the LTE on/off app that turns off the CDMA capability of the phone....

Sent via Tapatalk
27th September 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Will this fix still work on the 4.4.3 update? I am considering rooting and s-offing my phone in order to convert my M8 to tmobile. Just want to make sure this all still works. Thanks.
28th September 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #114  
Thanks Meter: 14

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpham033

Will this fix still work on the 4.4.3 update? I am considering rooting and s-offing my phone in order to convert my M8 to tmobile. Just want to make sure this all still works. Thanks.

Yup. It still works after update. I am using a vzw m8 on T-Mobile. But I'm running viper one 2.4. And loving it

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread