Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROOT-METHOD] [4.2.2] custom superSU flashable zip (works on all 3 models)

OP Restl3ss

8th September 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #11  
ebue's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Falun
Thanks Meter: 1
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
I went over to the TARP homepage and I am very confused. I did not find a version for the GT - p5220 Tab 3 4.2.2. Can I use another version? I only want to root so I can remove those pesky bloat apps. I am not interested in custom ROMS or whatever. Any help would be appreciated.
15th September 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #12  
artistiq's Avatar
Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 2
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
I just upgraded to 4.4.2 on my p5210 model

will the root work in 4.4.2? :/
23rd September 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #13  
walteroa's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
will the root work in 4.4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by artistiq

I just upgraded to 4.4.2 on my p5210 model

will the root work in 4.4.2? :/

Same question here. Just updated to 4.4.2 >>> after sucessfull install on TWRP, once SuperSu starts.. it hangs up on App tab.. No response from settings when enable/disable...

PS: all wipes done, just in case.

Any thoughts?
23rd September 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by walteroa

Same question here. Just updated to 4.4.2 >>> after sucessfull install on TWRP, once SuperSu starts.. it hangs up on App tab.. No response from settings when enable/disable...

PS: all wipes done, just in case.

Any thoughts?

Root works fine for me on 4.4.2 (customrom pimpdroid, Philz recovery)

Have you tried to update supersu? Here's the link:

download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

I'm on restless pimpdroid custom Rom and he said if there are problems with root, we should flash this file..
Last edited by BigDoun2011; 23rd September 2014 at 12:54 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigDoun2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #15  
walteroa's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
The super-su update works like a charm. Thx u guys!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
28th September 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #16  
Member
Flag Kenosha, WI
Thanks Meter: 4
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDoun2011

Root works fine for me on 4.4.2 (customrom pimpdroid, Philz recovery)

Have you tried to update supersu? Here's the link:

download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

I'm on restless pimpdroid custom Rom and he said if there are problems with root, we should flash this file..

Thanks @Restless for the root. BigDoun, I also had to flash SuperSU 2.02 using twrp to get root to work. I was on stock 4.4.2.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flash, odin, root, twrp, zip
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes