[APP](Root Req)Viper4Android Sound

OP duwerk

9th September 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #51  
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 79

1,385 posts
More
I've downloaded it twice and I just get update failed and installation aborted in PhilZ

OK - officially a moron. Assumed it was a flashable zip in recovery. Installed as normal APK and all fine!
Last edited by TheMathMan; 9th September 2014 at 02:36 PM.
9th September 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 0

99 posts
Got this working for Google Play Music but cannot seem to get it to work for the stock Video Player app or Youtube. Is it even possible to have it work for those apps? I thought by enabling Viper4Android in Global Music Effects it would work for all sound apps but it didn't.
9th September 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #53  
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 79

1,385 posts
More
Is changing the stagefright line in the build.prop necessary as the app itself didn't change that one
10th September 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #54  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 149

668 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiard6

Got this working for Google Play Music but cannot seem to get it to work for the stock Video Player app or Youtube. Is it even possible to have it work for those apps? I thought by enabling Viper4Android in Global Music Effects it would work for all sound apps but it didn't.

Yeah, I too was disappointed with that. It only works with apps, which have an equalizer option (like Spotify, Poweramp, etc.).

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMathMan

Is changing the stagefright line in the build.prop necessary as the app itself didn't change that one

If it's working fine, don't change anything

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th September 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #55  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 303

575 posts
More
In my build.prob my "Ipa.decode" was already set to "lpa.decode=false " by default and not on "true" and I have not yet installed the app. Is this normal? If it is meant to be "false" by default, does this mean that the Galaxy S5 does not have 'low power audio' enabled and therefore cannot tunnel audio trough the dsp? Is there a way to check if audio tunnelling works by default? If lpa was never enabled to begin with then using this app should theologically not sacrifice audio DSP tunnelling.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
booyah, galaxys5, root, viper, viper4android
Previous Thread Next Thread