Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How Do I Sign In To Themer?

OP Abethene

26th January 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #11  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport

To be honest it's mainly for security reasons on our side. If someone breaches our servers, we can link it to a verified account and take action where necessary. In terms of social, when you log in you might have selected the box to receive emails from Themer about new updates and very important events. In this way, people who have uninstalled Themer because of some reason, might find that it now includes something that they've always wanted. Therefore it helps introduce 'new' users and in turn the more users we have the greater chance we have to generate resources (through the sponsored apps in the Smart Categories, which can also be turned off if the user desires).

Thanks.
26th January 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport

Hi there, we'd advise creating a simple Google account. We use this feature generally for security purposes as well as to display unread email count notifications (as the general population now use Gmail as their preferred email account).

Thanks a lot for your help. I was also facing the same problem.
26th September 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Google account is a deal breaker
Hi,
For me this is a deal breaker.
I can follow your reasoning. But how can you give the same app the rights to read (display) all your text-messages, contacts & location together with a personalized login (be it google or facebook).
I know that American mentality is different in this case than German mentality: but I think it is insane to give access to all of these information at once...
I'm not the only paranoid here (if you think I am) but I know a lot of others (Germans) who think the same.

Sorry of I'm too frank: if you want to reach more Germans with your app, then you need to rethink this log-in dialogue.

btw: yes, you can use Android (CyanogenMod) without any kind of account. Works great

Yours, toggle
28th September 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #14  
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter: 452

986 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toggler

Hi,
For me this is a deal breaker.
I can follow your reasoning. But how can you give the same app the rights to read (display) all your text-messages, contacts & location together with a personalized login (be it google or facebook).
I know that American mentality is different in this case than German mentality: but I think it is insane to give access to all of these information at once...
I'm not the only paranoid here (if you think I am) but I know a lot of others (Germans) who think the same.

Sorry of I'm too frank: if you want to reach more Germans with your app, then you need to rethink this log-in dialogue.

btw: yes, you can use Android (CyanogenMod) without any kind of account. Works great

Yours, toggle

Hi Toggler,

We understand your concern, as we are simply a launcher. However, that isn't really the case. As all of our widgets are built in, we require these permissions to allow the user to view his/her unread SMS/Email/Missed Call counts on the homescreen. We don't store any of the information, we simply display it. We've now actually had to remove the Dialer Widget to reduce the number of permissions required, but we still need a few to improve the user's experience. Once Facebook introduces anonymous login, we'll implement that straight away, however right now we need it for security reasons on our end (in then breaching theme servers).

Hope this helps!

- Marco
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread