Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] VS980 Stuck in fastboot

OP joshuascan

4th February 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have a rooted Verizon LG G2 and have been trying to install a recovery mod. I somehow got rid of the stock recovery, but couldn't setup a new one. Now my phone is stuck on the fastboot screen. I've been able to get it to the stock recovery screen, but when it starts to wipe the drive, it just takes me back to the fastboot screen. I'm very new to this and haven't been able to figure this out through any other threads. I'm using Ubuntu. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
11th July 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #2  

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuascan

I have a rooted Verizon LG G2 and have been trying to install a recovery mod. I somehow got rid of the stock recovery, but couldn't setup a new one. Now my phone is stuck on the fastboot screen. I've been able to get it to the stock recovery screen, but when it starts to wipe the drive, it just takes me back to the fastboot screen. I'm very new to this and haven't been able to figure this out through any other threads. I'm using Ubuntu. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm in the same boat. I tried to install TWRP using the Autorec but accidentally used the one for the LS980, and now I'm stuck at the fastboot screen. Did you ever solve this?
11th July 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,668

2,359 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye_rule

I'm in the same boat. I tried to install TWRP using the Autorec but accidentally used the one for the LS980, and now I'm stuck at the fastboot screen. Did you ever solve this?

Code:
1. download fastboot
2. download laf.img boot.img aboot.img for your variant
(or download your kdz, download kdz/tot extractor and extract partitions --and rename them from boot_45465757.bin to boot.img)
* boot_45465757.bin is just an example.

3. fastboot flash aboot aboot.img
4. fastboot flash boot boot.img
5. fastboot flash laf laf.img
-> download mode should be back
27th September 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #4  

20 posts
sorry for jumping back on this thread but im having the same problem...phone boots up to just fastboot....ive been reading for 4 days now trying to find any possible way to fix my phone...it really sucks not having a phone...so now im able to connect the phone to the laptop via fastboot but im looking for this laf.img, boot.img etc files. where can i find them?
27th September 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #5  

2,359 posts
Donate to Me
More
Also vs980?
28th September 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 55

178 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robledjl

sorry for jumping back on this thread but im having the same problem...phone boots up to just fastboot....ive been reading for 4 days now trying to find any possible way to fix my phone...it really sucks not having a phone...so now im able to connect the phone to the laptop via fastboot but im looking for this laf.img, boot.img etc files. where can i find them?

This can be fixed .

1. You Will need to Download the Stock KDZ/TOT file for your phone , find the right KDZ or TOT file from here .
2. Now you would have to extract the KDZ/TOT file that you downloaded above using WindowsLGFirmwareExtract-1.2.1.0-Release.zip , this is available in the guide here.
3. Extract all the files fro the KDZ/TOT .
4. Now flash the extracted files , based on the fastboot method , which is described here.

Code:
fastboot flash aboot aboot.img

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot flash dbi dbi.img

fastboot flash laf laf.img

fastboot flash misc misc.img

fastboot flash modem modem.img

fastboot flash persist persist.img

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot flash rpm rpm.img

fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.img

fastboot flash tz tz.img
Let me know if you need more help.
Last edited by kryptonite; 28th September 2014 at 05:47 AM.
28th September 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #7  

2,359 posts
Donate to Me
More
Why so many partitions. Be sure to flash same version as your current android is at least.
Last edited by bender_007; 28th September 2014 at 09:58 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread