Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

[Q] EFS Backup

OP sefo1979

28th June 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hi guys
Guess what? Yes that's right I have a corrupted efs folder from a bad flash, and my back up has disappeared from my PC. I've searched via Google and directly on xda and am aware that there is a proposed method to rebuild the efs but the tablet needs to allow adb access which I cant do as it wont boot past the boot logo and i apologize now if this has been asked previously and I've missed it. I've had numerous Android devices and flashed custom firmware on them all including this tablet so im not a complete novice when it comes to sorting them out however this time im struggling. So im throwing the following questions out there to see if you can help:
I can enter TWRP and Download mode

A: Does anyone have a backed up EFS that i could flash via recovery (is this possible/allowed due to it being a tablet and not a phone)?
B: Is it possible to force the tablet in its current state to allow ADB access?

Your Help will be gratefully accepted
29th June 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #2  

1 posts
More
I have the same problem.
Also been looking for EFS backup file. Flashed several ROM's but every time I have a bootloop.

Can anyone help?
11th July 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
bump.
13th July 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Unhappy
is anyone able to offer any advice on this otherwise ill be putting the tab in the bin which i dont particually want to do
19th July 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
BUMP
20th July 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
does anyone have a backed up efs i can use??
20th July 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 234

911 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sefo1979

does anyone have a backed up efs i can use??

As far as I know, EFS contains the serial number as well as other device specific info so someone else's EFS might not work. If you can boot into recovery, adb should work then. If not, use Odin to flash the latest @Android-Andi TWRP recovery and then adb should work.

Sent from my SGH-T989
21st July 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc2

As far as I know, EFS contains the serial number as well as other device specific info so someone else's EFS might not work. If you can boot into recovery, adb should work then. If not, use Odin to flash the latest @Android-Andi TWRP recovery and then adb should work.

Sent from my SGH-T989

I can get into twrp but have not been able to get adb access, I am aware that there is a way to rebuild the EFS if this can be done(would you be able to provide assistance?) I have tried refreshing both original and custom rooms but all get stuck at the Samsung logo as I belive the boot sequence looks for the EFS info at that stage.
28th September 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Unhappy can anyone help??
it would be really helpful if someone could provide a copy of their backup to see if i am able to revive the tab ???

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread