[ROOT][HOW TO] Install Google Play Store

12th September 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #121  
Salinas, CA
Thanks Meter: 5

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel0fDeath

Did u download and install the HDXposed apk ?

It was already downloaded, but the instructions led me to believe that after installing the framework, it would automatically appear in the Modules. Not to trash anybody who is graciously donating their time and skills to benefit the community, but considering the potential for bricking an expensive device by 'hacking' it, a little more time spent on being precise and complete in providing steps would be a good thing. But I'll be the first to admit I don't always live up to that standard...but I try.

THE GOOD NEWS IS: MY KFHDX IS FINALLY SUPER HAPPY!!!! NO MORE BUGGY BORKITIS!!!
13th September 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #122  
Flag Rochester NY
Thanks Meter: 192

1,769 posts
More
I did get it working on my own. I'd still like to get rid of that top bar though
14th September 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #123  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Good morning, yesterday I made the root and entered the Gapps and everything worked, but after turning it off and on again this morning I have a problem:
the time and date of kindlenon from the exact one.
All applications google do not work due to the wifi network, but the silk browser works correctly.
The root is still used as an application that does not work without root.
How do I restore the Gapps?
thanks
14th September 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #124  
Flag Rochester NY
Thanks Meter: 192

1,769 posts
More
Did you use towel root? I had to do it twice. Then I have gapps as an apk. Got it here somwhere. Then it will update. But try towelroot if you haven't and maybe do it twice. I'm impatient, so I don't think I followed directions. But I got a root checker. Still good. Its my last means to communicate, so I just gave been doing it in increments.
So if anyone knows how to easily get rid of that top bar, let me know
20th September 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #125  
Philly
Thanks Meter: 205

970 posts
More
I picked up a cheap 2nd gen HD7 and rooted it and threw on Play. Decided I should try it on my HDX8.9. Did Towelroot and then kindlefree for the play store. I kept having issues installing until I realized ES was changing permissions back to read only after I rebooted. So I'd install an apk, reboot, change permissions and repeat. Play works like a charm. Very glad I got the 64gb version. Should be a useful tablet for a long time.
28th September 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #126  
Thanks Meter: 9

122 posts
this method seem not working with latest 3.2.6. Mine cannot open Google Play Store anymore. HDXPosed might need to be updated

UPDATED: Confirmed working with 3.2.6.
Last edited by tuanda82; 28th September 2014 at 11:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tuanda82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread