MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

LG E980 PhilZ Touch Recovery BootLoop Fix (HOW TO GET DEVICE BACK TO USABLE STATE)

5th June 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52

384 posts
More
If your error is with TWRP and installing an at&t update then my guide will not work for you

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 181

1,103 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidbrain

I was installing the OTA ATT update. When the phone restarted it booted into twrp been stuck there since. I can get into download mode but thats about it.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

That is exactly what I did. Only boots into twrp.

That pesky update !!! You can retain data and get out of the loop. Try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post49370751 post #70

If you have to flash back stock LG flash tools may be just a little tricky.....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2764076
28th September 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #23  
Flag Goa
Thanks Meter: 6

65 posts
More
Exclamation bootloop brick
hi all, I got a LG e980, had the 10p update, rooted it with vroot, used freegee to unlock the bootloader and install twrp recovery, then i had put some files in the internal storage for flashing....

then i realized my sd card wasnt reading....

tried various methods to see why the sd card was not detected, then i thought it was a problem with the recovery.... so i flashed philz recovery instead, and did a factory reset, install beanstalk, install gapps, and then rebooted to system, and instead, it rebooted back into the recovery...

took out the battery, inserted it again, powered up the phone, and again it rebooted into recovery....

Now, if i download these files, how am i to use them in the recovery? when i click "Install zip from /sdcard1, i get an error that there is no valid folder or file, and sometimes, it just hangs on recovery.... it used to hang on twrp recovery too....

so literally, the phone is bricked as I cant put anything in the internal storage, the recovery wont read the sd card, and i cant reboot into download mode as i get some facory hard reset... then it says to press power key to confirm, go to press it, i get a secure booting error.... so, dafaq is wrong with my phone?
28th September 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #24  
Flag North Dakota
Thanks Meter: 44

209 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenturky

hi all, I got a LG e980, had the 10p update, rooted it with vroot, used freegee to unlock the bootloader and install twrp recovery, then i had put some files in the internal storage for flashing....

then i realized my sd card wasnt reading....

tried various methods to see why the sd card was not detected, then i thought it was a problem with the recovery.... so i flashed philz recovery instead, and did a factory reset, install beanstalk, install gapps, and then rebooted to system, and instead, it rebooted back into the recovery...

took out the battery, inserted it again, powered up the phone, and again it rebooted into recovery....

Now, if i download these files, how am i to use them in the recovery? when i click "Install zip from /sdcard1, i get an error that there is no valid folder or file, and sometimes, it just hangs on recovery.... it used to hang on twrp recovery too....

so literally, the phone is bricked as I cant put anything in the internal storage, the recovery wont read the sd card, and i cant reboot into download mode as i get some facory hard reset... then it says to press power key to confirm, go to press it, i get a secure booting error.... so, dafaq is wrong with my phone?

So I recommend that You download madmacks TWRP v.2800 lokified. that has sd card fix. Place on internal sd with a pc. Let it bootloop into recovery and flash it. Should solve prob. Also I think there's a file browser in Philz not? I'm not sure but you may be able to either mount ext sd from philz or browse files from Philz and copy/paste to internal. Flash TWRP. Reboot and you should be straight. Good luck

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread