Can't boot into Recovery, Bootloader, Download, or Fastboot! Why?

27th September 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #211  
Thanks Meter: 29

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakperry

Yes, this is Verizon's version of the L34C . To get to the menu, volume down and power . It will be promising if someone can modify the menu to allow a fastboot option.

unfortunately L34C does not boot into menu for Vol down and power
tried every combination before like vol down + power, up + power, up + down + power, down + home + power, etc. none makes difference other than normal boot.
27th September 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #212  
Thanks Meter: 5

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everseen

unfortunately L34C does not boot into menu for Vol down and power
tried every combination before like vol down + power, up + power, up + down + power, down + home + power, etc. none makes difference other than normal boot.

The only option that works for the LG34C is Safe Mode by holding the power and volume down and then release power and keep holding volume down.

I assume you read previous posts and tried jumping the battery terminals to discharge any memory settings and I would hold down the power button with battery out and no power cable, too. That worked for me when my phone was stuck in a loop.
28th September 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #213  

8 posts
Quote:

The only option that works for the LG34C is Safe Mode by holding the power and volume down and then release power and keep holding volume down.

I assume you read previous posts and tried jumping the battery terminals to discharge any memory settings and I would hold down the power button with battery out and no power cable, too. That worked for me when my phone was stuck in a loop.

Thanks for help on this. Still didn't succeed. hope my post does not divert the thread.
Quote:

I did not even try adb, because I would not know what to do there. I just opened the LG mobile System Tool and it connected and I tried the Upgrade Recovery option with no luck, eventually it booted completely into the Safe Mode and I just Reset the system.

Tried LG mobile System Tool for safe mode. it recognized my phone AS L34CV10, then I started upgrade recovery, but always got error saying like "connection problem, disconnect phone pull out battery then try again".

Quote:

I removed battery and pressed power button for a 5 seconds and then battery back and held power and volume down until it buzzes and I release the power button while still holding volume down and I release the volume down once the Safe Mode screen comes up and it rebooted next time in a working system.

also tried quite a few times for safe mode by down + power without success. have questions:
1. is power held when battery back after 5 seconds holding? I managed to hold power all the way from start until battery back and start buzz.
2. is phone screen still black when release the power? it seems LG logo appear at the end of buzz.
3. when safe mode appear? before LG logo or after LG logo or after blue track phone screen.
28th September 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #214  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everseen

Thanks for help on this. Still didn't succeed. hope my post does not divert the thread.

Tried LG mobile System Tool for safe mode. it recognized my phone AS L34CV10, then I started upgrade recovery, but always got error saying like "connection problem, disconnect phone pull out battery then try again".

also tried quite a few times for safe mode by down + power without success. have questions:
1. is power held when battery back after 5 seconds holding? I managed to hold power all the way from start until battery back and start buzz.
2. is phone screen still black when release the power? it seems LG logo appear at the end of buzz.
3. when safe mode appear? before LG logo or after LG logo or after blue track phone screen.

Just release the power button once you are sure the phone is on, donít worry about timing it you have plenty of time, I was able to boot into safe mode by pressing volume down at the end of the LG screen cycle, too. The safe mode will come up after the blue track phone screen.
I assume you are not able to access through the adb command prompt and you are stuck at the unauthorized device prompt. Maybe just keep entering adb shell and see if there is a system quirk and it allows you access.
28th September 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #215  

9 posts
I was playing around the LGL34C hidden menus and I see the Battery option, the Charging Bypass Boot is grayed out, if this option is enabled the battery charging screen would disappear and the phone will boot once connected to power, would this help in creating a fastboot mode?
I tried changing the com.lge.hiddenmenu_preferences.xml settings from 1 to 0 , but once I reboot it reverts back.
Any insight into enabling these options would be appreciate.
Commands:
adb shell
su
cd data/data
am start com.lge.hiddenmenu/com.lge.hiddenmenu.settings.Settings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-28-11-32-50.png
Views:	14
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	2953828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-28-11-32-43.png
Views:	12
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	2953829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-28-18-21-40.png
Views:	10
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	2953830  
Last edited by nakperry; 28th September 2014 at 11:49 PM.
Yesterday, 01:00 AM   |  #216  

8 posts
Quote:

Just release the power button once you are sure the phone is on, don’t worry about timing it you have plenty of time, I was able to boot into safe mode by pressing volume down at the end of the LG screen cycle, too. The safe mode will come up after the blue track phone screen.
I assume you are not able to access through the adb command prompt and you are stuck at the unauthorized device prompt. Maybe just keep entering adb shell and see if there is a system quirk and it allows you access.

my L34C always stuck at blue tracfone screen when boot, maybe that's why it can't get into safe mode. adb devices shows empty, although my computer shows 3 hardwares found when connect phone to pc:
USB Composite Device Ready to use
LGE AndroidNet USB Modem Ready to use
LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM19) Ready to use

it seems a dead end for me.

btw, here is how i bricked my phone:
i did a factory reset, then booted into system, LG setup wizard kicked in, I was bored then managed to get into application settings from accessible button in wizard, then disabled wizard, reboot...
Last edited by everseen; Yesterday at 01:09 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread