FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

[GUIDE] 220 Elements Safe to Freeze in Titanium Backup 4.4.2 NE6

174 posts
Thanks Meter: 85
 
By hristopelov, Senior Member on 4th June 2014, 09:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th September 2014, 11:28 AM |#31  
Senior Member
sacramento, ca
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
What do I unfreeze to get multi window working? Thanks.
 
 
28th September 2014, 04:13 PM |#32  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 322
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsamus

What do I unfreeze to get multi window working? Thanks.

Did you freeze com.sec.android.app.FlashbarService? If so, defrost that first... there may be other dependencies that need to be active but I'm not exactly sure what they are. If FlashBar service is active (but possibly crashing or something), as an "almost last resort", you may want to defrost everything (which would hopefully restore multi window) then go through and re-frost rather slowly until you notice the problem has started again, then you can pinpoint which other element is the problem (lot's of fun, I know!). Or if flashbarservice is active but crashing, I would try to catch it in a log, and you may be able to tell what it's missing but needs from that. Hope it's an easy fix!
The Following User Says Thank You to jazzmachine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th September 2014, 07:14 PM |#33  
Senior Member
sacramento, ca
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmachine

Did you freeze com.sec.android.app.FlashbarService? If so, defrost that first... there may be other dependencies that need to be active but I'm not exactly sure what they are. If FlashBar service is active (but possibly crashing or something), as an "almost last resort", you may want to defrost everything (which would hopefully restore multi window) then go through and re-frost rather slowly until you notice the problem has started again, then you can pinpoint which other element is the problem (lot's of fun, I know!). Or if flashbarservice is active but crashing, I would try to catch it in a log, and you may be able to tell what it's missing but needs from that. Hope it's an easy fix!

Thanks!! That was it. Unfroze it and multi window works again.
29th September 2014, 01:39 AM |#34  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 322
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsamus

Thanks!! That was it. Unfroze it and multi window works again.

Excellent man! Really glad to hear that you got it sorted easily

BTW, I've always thought that this thread was an excellent resource and I always review it after a clean install, so nice to see it back near the top of the forum
The Following User Says Thank You to jazzmachine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes