[VIDEO] Step by step guide on how to get 4K and 120fps on Xperia Z1 Compact [ROOT]

7th August 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #71  
Flag Gava, Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 90

652 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsail

Am I the only one who finds after flashing this mod, the camera sometimes starts with a freeze of 5-6 seconds or even cause the system to be unresponsive? The only way to solve the camera freeze is to lock and unlock the phone.

I have the same problem, seens like we must to wait for 4.4.4 firmare update for z2 to solve this

Regards
8th August 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
So when I first got my Z1C I unlocked bootlocker and installed a new ROM. Now I really want 120fps recording! I did not make a backup of my original ROM, how can I refresh my device and then install this mod (if possible)

Cheers!
15th September 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #73  

6 posts
Thumbs up
Deodexing does not work with version 6a of the tool. Always bootloops; good thing I did a full nandroid backup beforehand. Locked bootloader, dual recovery + root, maybe that's why?
Anyway, confirming the 4k mod and timeshift video both work without deodexing.
Last edited by cibic89; 15th September 2014 at 01:09 PM.
27th September 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #74  

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihakurtz

Easy dude :
1. Root (find the Easy Root tool for Xperia devices)
2. Install Xposed Framework (available on first post), install the framework then soft reboot.
3. Install the Xperia Xposed app thing (available on first post), enable the module on Xposed, then soft reboot.
4. Open the Xperia Xposed app thing go to System, enable it and checklist the Super User Mode, reboot.
5. Download the flashable zip, extract it, and install SuperCamera.apk in the folder priv-app.
6. Reboot just in case, then voila.

The 4K Recording doesn't work though, so don't try pressing it, it force closes the Camera App.

So i've done this method on my Z1C and it has given me the TimeShift Video but the recording is no where near as smooth as what i've seen of other peoples on youtube, to be honest it looks no different to the slow motion option in the movie editor. What have i done wrong?
Here's a video i've uploaded
Compared to this one someone else has done
Last edited by HarryTheHoudini; 27th September 2014 at 09:08 AM. Reason: to add video link
29th September 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #75  
Flag Depok
Thanks Meter: 167

591 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTheHoudini

So i've done this method on my Z1C and it has given me the TimeShift Video but the recording is no where near as smooth as what i've seen of other peoples on youtube, to be honest it looks no different to the slow motion option in the movie editor. What have i done wrong?
Here's a video i've uploaded
Compared to this one someone else has done

Dunno dude, I didn't make this mod. And I haven't compared it yet with others too but yeah, doesn't seem as smooth as other phones 😕

Edit: I think it's because we're missing some files that need to be pushed into system. Can somebody try to this manually and compare the result?
Last edited by uchihakurtz; 29th September 2014 at 09:14 AM.
29th September 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #76  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 26

111 posts
More
Timeshift works great on the z1c. Take a shot of moving cars and you will see how well it's working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xperia z1 compact 4k, xperia z1 compact timeshift video
Previous Thread Next Thread