[ROM][4.4.2][KOREAN VARIANTS] Sling v2.2.2

Announcement from blueberry6401: For F180L/S/K
5th August 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #201  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Messed up my old Rom. Stuck on logo. Now I can't get in to recovery also.
7th August 2014, 06:28 AM   |  #202  
Flag Ho Chi Minh
Thanks Meter: 45

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scytalemk

Messed up my old Rom. Stuck on logo. Now I can't get in to recovery also.

Then use fastboot to flash recovery or download mode to kdz again.
27th August 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #203  
Flag Island city of the South
Thanks Meter: 296

1,236 posts
More
Hey guys, need a little help on getting on the KK bandwagon. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to the quickest way i can install this ROM?
Im currently running:
F180LV20P
JB 4.1.2
Stock Not rooted
No Recovery yet

I dont expect to be spoonfed, just the right direction,
I've already downloaded the official KK KDZ for F180L, should i flash stock KK before trying to.get root, unlocked BL, recovery?
Can i simply unlock BL root and install recovery then flash this directly coming from JB? If so what would be the best route to get all 3 (root,cwm,unlocked bl) if im currently on stock JB?

Appreciate your help. Thanks
27th August 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #204  

1,236 posts
More
So I couldn't wait for a reply and I jumped the gun and flashed the ROM! LOL.

Everything went smoothly, and I am loving it! Smooth as butter and no issues whatsoever! All the goodies of stock but in an International form, no Korean bloat nothing I don't understand. Awesome work to the Dev! Thank you Sir!

Although, it could have been reallyyyy bad, coz i didn't know that wiping data from CWM (Freegee) also wiped the whole SD Card! So I backed up everything but lost all of it after flashing the ROM. Good thing I didn't have a soft brick coz the nandroid i made was also wiped clean.

That's the question I have next, i havent heard of a CWM wiping internal storage when you do a data/system wipe, reason why I was really surprised to find out that my internal SD card got wiped out. Any ideas??
30th August 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #205  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 605

1,318 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroPrinz8

That's the question I have next, i havent heard of a CWM wiping internal storage when you do a data/system wipe, reason why I was really surprised to find out that my internal SD card got wiped out. Any ideas??

I am using PhilZ Advanced CWM Touch, and haven't used the original CWM for quite some time, so I don't know if there are differences in the wipe logic between the two. But PhilZ CWM definitely does NOT wipe the internal SD when you either "wipe data", or "format /data": it always preserves /data/media. It actually has a separate option to wipe an entire /data partition, but you have to specifically pick that option from the menu. Are you sure you didn't accidentally pick the wrong wipe option?

As a side note, I would personally recommend PhilZ Advanced CWM any day. In my experience, this is the best recovery available.
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #206  

1,236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy

I am using PhilZ Advanced CWM Touch, and haven't used the original CWM for quite some time, so I don't know if there are differences in the wipe logic between the two. But PhilZ CWM definitely does NOT wipe the internal SD when you either "wipe data", or "format /data": it always preserves /data/media. It actually has a separate option to wipe an entire /data partition, but you have to specifically pick that option from the menu. Are you sure you didn't accidentally pick the wrong wipe option?

As a side note, I would personally recommend PhilZ Advanced CWM any day. In my experience, this is the best recovery available.

Yeah pretty sure i only wiped data. And system partitions. Would love to use pHilz, not sure though if it's compatible with F180.
31st August 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #207  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 605

1,318 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroPrinz8

Would love to use pHilz, not sure though if it's compatible with F180.

It depends... Recovery itself is compatible, but the install script may not be. There is a package compiled for E975, so if your phone identifies itself as such, you are good. If it identifies as F180 (as mine does), then simply remove the assert line in the script, that's it.

Phil stopped maintaining his recovery for our device, but luckily, another good samaritan here took over this task.
Last edited by kt-Froggy; 31st August 2014 at 06:42 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #208  
Thanks Meter: 4

54 posts
Question G3 Keyboard
Hello,
There is no option to activate the numbers row, in G3 keyboard.
Is there any way to do it?
Thanks
29th September 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #209  
Flag MANILA
Thanks Meter: 17

97 posts
More
missing files
Can you link me for the tools i need to install this rom

Do i need to unlock my bootloader first? How?

Root
Recovery

Im using F180L

Thank you so much for helping
29th September 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #210  
Thanks Meter: 18

221 posts
Does anyone have a mirror for the patches? I cant download the Vietnamese links. I need the F180k patch file. Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread