[Unbrick Service] Bricked Phone? Need Help? Look Here.

15th September 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
I need s-off on my HTC M8
The phone has no OS it has installed TWRP only works thanks in advice
15th September 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #82  
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 3

25 posts
More
Something is truly wrong with my filesystem. Also it says my phone is European?? Wtf... Please help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1410760661596.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (54.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 1410760687958.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (55.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 1410760735544.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (50.5 KB, 50 views)
17th September 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 8

70 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnkeyhnter

I bricked my m8 like a damn fool. I had 2 different recoveries on my so card. I flashed a recovery (twrp) for a Samsung galaxy note 2 on my m8, now my phone won't turn on, my computer won't recognise my phone.. device manager sees qhsusb_dload. Please help! My device is s-off

Anybody?
28th September 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #84  
Flag Galway

2 posts
More
HTC M8 stuck on htc logo
Hi there, i really need ur help as soon as possible. Mean i have to get this issue solved today, as need the phone for work tomorrow. Willing to donate, no problem. The thing is, bought the phone a few weeks ago, was already rooted and unlocked. Was original Vodafone ireland. I havent read any terms about the root before, and never had experience with rooted phone. When i tried to install new version of ViperOneM8 2.5.0( downloaded from their website) it allows me, but after a while back me to beginning and stuck again on the htc logo. I had some kind of venom hub, where u can find a lots of themes, icon packs etc. When i tried to remove it, i tried everything and pressed everything, which means i screwed it all. Went into the recovery mode(Team Win Recovery Project v2.7.0.2), allows me a lots of options, tried wipe, backup, reboot, install..... Dont really member now.
*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
M8_UL PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
RADIO-1.15.2133156.UA13G
OpenDSP-v38.2.2-00542-M8974.0311
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Mar 22 2014, 00:08:55.2458
Think this gonna help u!
28th September 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 258

750 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka1985

Hi there, i really need ur help as soon as possible. Mean i have to get this issue solved today, as need the phone for work tomorrow. Willing to donate, no problem. The thing is, bought the phone a few weeks ago, was already rooted and unlocked. Was original Vodafone ireland. I havent read any terms about the root before, and never had experience with rooted phone. When i tried to install new version of ViperOneM8 2.5.0( downloaded from their website) it allows me, but after a while back me to beginning and stuck again on the htc logo. I had some kind of venom hub, where u can find a lots of themes, icon packs etc. When i tried to remove it, i tried everything and pressed everything, which means i screwed it all. Went into the recovery mode(Team Win Recovery Project v2.7.0.2), allows me a lots of options, tried wipe, backup, reboot, install..... Dont really member now.
*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
M8_UL PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
RADIO-1.15.2133156.UA13G
OpenDSP-v38.2.2-00542-M8974.0311
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Mar 22 2014, 00:08:55.2458
Think this gonna help u!

So what's the problem, is it still not booting up properly? Your firmware is outdated.
Did you wipe literally everything and have no OS on your device anymore? Restore nandroid backup for your device, do the OTA, get latest firmware and retry Viper ROM(If you so choose).

So...? What's the problem exactly?
28th September 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #86  
Flag Galway

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14

So what's the problem, is it still not booting up properly? Your firmware is outdated.
Did you wipe literally everything and have no OS on your device anymore? Restore nandroid backup for your device, do the OTA, get latest firmware and retry Viper ROM(If you so choose).

So...? What's the problem exactly?

The problem is....dont know what to do next. I wiped everything and have no OS anymore. My S is ON
28th September 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #87  
Thanks Meter: 258

750 posts
More
Quote:

The problem is....dont know what to do next. I wiped everything and have no OS anymore. My S is ON

Download an earlier version of Viper and flash that ROM. On the Site see if you can get the 1.7.1 ROM. For now. I'll try and see if I can find the version for Ireland Vodafone, don't know if it falls under the general "UK" version.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote:

Ok Looks like Ireland is VODAP019 and it might also run on the x.xx.161.x if we go by HTCs history of naming and numbering.

If that's the case then you can download a stock nandroid backup for Vodafone at COLLECTION of Stock backup's . Grab one of the VODAP001 backups 1.54.161.10. That should get you back to stock then, just unpack/unzip the download and place it in the proper directory for the custom recovery.

First flash a ROM though, the Viper one should be fine for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #88  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,031

6,864 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnkeyhnter

I bricked my m8 like a damn fool. I had 2 different recoveries on my so card. I flashed a recovery (twrp) for a Samsung galaxy note 2 on my m8, now my phone won't turn on, my computer won't recognise my phone.. device manager sees qhsusb_dload. Please help! My device is s-off

If no charge LED (try charging overnight - try various button combos with and without charger attached) and qhsusb_dload, you are likely bricked and need JTAG. What you flashed may have overwritten the partition table or hboot.

This is the reason you have to be extremely careful about what you flash if s-off. S-off means no device check, and you can flash something intended for another device that bricks the phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread