LectureNotes app

10th September 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #901  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
convert to text
Hi guys, I am sorry in advance if theses questions are already answered I Googled about 56789 times to no avail.

I hear there is no covert to text function with LN ? Is there an add on or what am I missing ?

I only recently bought note 10.1 and installed LN.

Also, is there a formula function I.e for maths lectures ?

Again forgive me if theses are already answered I'm new silly and wanting to learn ..

Regards...
11th September 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #902  
Thanks Meter: 675

1,309 posts
@htcdesirehdjohn: There is no handwriting-to-typed-text conversion in LectureNotes. Note that there are several soft keyboards that provide this functionality, for instance the one that comes with Samsung devices.
15th September 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #903  

4 posts
Import PDF
Hello!

Thanks again for the awesome app! I am trying to import PDF's into the software and have seen many instructions to click on IMPORT PDF in settings but I do not see that selections anywhere. I do have one that says IMPORT NOTE OR FOLDER and it even pulls up the ASTRO file manager, but when I click on the PDF it does nothing. I have the Note 12.2 Pro if it makes a difference.

Thanks again!
Shane
15th September 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #904  

1,309 posts
@cpd3020: Many thanks for your kind comments.

LectureNotes cannot directly handle PDF, it needs a free helper app PDFView (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cadoid.pdfview or http://www.amazon.com/Acadoid-Develo...dp/B00CPR4L6K/) to convert the PDF file to its own format. Do you have PDFView installed? If not, please install it and restart LectureNotes after installation, then there will be additional menu entries and the PDF import settings will be accessible.
16th September 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #905  

3 posts
creating notebooks with more than 1 page!
hi,
I have used LN mainly to annotate pdf, never for taking notes.
Now Iīd like to do that, but when I create a notebook it always has only one page, and I must then press "add page several times".
Am I missing some obvious option to create a notebook directly with, say, 50 page?

Thanks!
16th September 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #906  

1,309 posts
@nicmazza87: The major advantage of electronic notebooks compared to paper notebooks is that you can append and insert new pages on demand. Hence, there is no function to create a notebook of a given number of pages, you add pages as you need them. What LectureNotes allows is to append multiple pages at once, there is a corresponding item in the `handī menu.
The Following User Says Thank You to acadoid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #907  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadoid

@nicmazza87: The major advantage of electronic notebooks compared to paper notebooks is that you can append and insert new pages on demand. Hence, there is no function to create a notebook of a given number of pages, you add pages as you need them. What LectureNotes allows is to append multiple pages at once, there is a corresponding item in the `handī menu.

yes, make perfect sense. I didnīt see that option!
thanks
29th September 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #908  

2 posts
stylus buttons
Hi,

I love lecture notes but i wonder, is there a way to apply more functions to stylus buttons?

I use it mostly for maths and it would be great if i can press my pen button to draw a grid snapped line for neatness.
29th September 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #909  

1,309 posts
@TimD78: Drawing tools can presently not be assigned to the stylus button, but that is on my agenda.

Currently, the fastest way to set a drawing tool is via the pencil toolbox.
29th September 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #910  

2 posts
Ah ok i see that now thanks.

Decent improvement using the toolbox.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread