Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

kitkat for nook color

26th March 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
kitkat working on the nook color
I have the nook color running Android 4.4.2 kitkat working just fine. if you want the video and some more help. my channel name is youtube.com/Everything4Tech1
27th March 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #32  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGHLover

I have the nook color running Android 4.4.2 kitkat working just fine.

I was finally able to get my EMMC upgraded and Kit Kat loaded with the new CM mod and agree, this is simply awesome.
27th March 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #33  

10 posts
Thumbs up
Just got mine updated from CM10 to 11 and man, what a difference! It went from barely usable to very usable. Which is really an added bonus, because I really only use it for reading. I just like upgrading stuff. This is how it went for me. I had CM10 with TWRP installed to EMMC. I put my microSD into my Surface, downloaded the CWM update zip, CM11 nightly zip, and gapps zip for CM11. Put all zips on the root of the SD.

-Loaded up in TWRP recovery mode.
-Chose install. Chose the CWM update zip.
-Rebooted and chose EMMC recovery. It loaded up CWM.
-Chose install again and installed CM11.
-Rebooted and chose EMMC recovery.
-Installed gapps the same way.
-Rebooted.

Bam. So I didn't realize it at the time, but this actually did an upgrade instead of a clean install. All my apps are still there. I might want to wipe and do a fresh install, but I'm not sure how. I didn't think this would preserve everything. But I'm happy with it. It had a few hiccups loading Clash of Clans and Facebook the first time. But after updating the apps to the latest version and clearing data and cache, it seemed to fix things.

Kudos to the CM team!
23rd April 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 12

95 posts
I tried cm11 latest nightly, everything is good except browser, it took forever to finish loading a page like androidcentral, anybody else has this issue and any solutions?
29th September 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #35  
Flag Halmstad, Sweden

8 posts
More
I reinstalled both of my Nook Color last weekend with the latest SD image "generic-sdcard-v1.3-CM7-9-10-10.1-10.2-11-largest-Rev8c" + "cm-11-20140927-NIGHTLY-encore.zip" + "gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip".

Everything went fine except for that the Chrome browser says "unfortunately, chrome has stopped" everytime I try to start it. Same thing on both NCs. Someone having a suggestion of how to fix that? I have tried to cleare the Chrome cache.

I have now upgraded to "cm-11-20140928-NIGHTLY-encore.zip" , still the same behaviour.
30th September 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #36  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 198

628 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frav.se

I reinstalled both of my Nook Color last weekend with the latest SD image "generic-sdcard-v1.3-CM7-9-10-10.1-10.2-11-largest-Rev8c" + "cm-11-20140927-NIGHTLY-encore.zip" + "gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip".

Everything went fine except for that the Chrome browser says "unfortunately, chrome has stopped" everytime I try to start it. Same thing on both NCs. Someone having a suggestion of how to fix that? I have tried to cleare the Chrome cache.

I have now upgraded to "cm-11-20140928-NIGHTLY-encore.zip" , still the same behaviour.

Chrome will not work on the Nook Color. Ram usage by Chrome is north of 200mb. Free ram on the average Nook Color is around 150mb to 200 mb depending on the number of apps installed. How much free ram is on your Nook Color? Read the reviews on Google Play for Chrome.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread