[ODIN][TAR] I545VRUFNC5 Factory and No-Wipe Odin tars

13th September 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #101  
Thanks Meter: 5

37 posts
Hello, all,

I'm currently on ME7. Would flashing this file through ODIN brick my phone? Or do I need to update to MK2 first?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by c0ded; 13th September 2014 at 05:07 PM.
20th September 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #102  
Detroit
Thanks Meter: 31

151 posts
More
Hello all I just brought a Samsung Galaxy S4 at best buy for Verizion, I am coming from the droid razr which was rooted and had safestrap installed, so I have some knowledge of safestrap. My question is as I been reading some of the posts that use safestrap for the Samsung NC5 & there is not rom slots yet? is this true? Now on my droid razr I have of course my stock rom in the stock slot (un-safe side) & of course a custom rom in slot 1 of 4 slots (safe side). This is what I am looking for with the Samsung s4. I know the Samsung can not do 4 slots due to partions size. but a long as there is a stock slot that does not get touched that I can always go back to if I screw something up on the rom slot side (rom slot 1).
My model # is SCH-I545
Android Version is 4.4.2
Baseband version is I545VRUFNC5
KERNEL Version is 3.4.0
build # KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5

Also can someone point me in the direction of the correct Safestrap to use!
Last edited by blackops11252; 20th September 2014 at 09:43 PM.
21st September 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #103  
Thanks Meter: 43

165 posts
Hopefully you guys can help me. I was on me7 with hyperdrive 10.2 and wanted to upgrade to 18.1. I followed directions on this site and was able to get mk2 with 4.1.3 I think and then I installed safestrap and installed hyper 18.1. Everything installed and loaded up but couldnt' get wifi to turn on. Noticed that I needed to be on 4.4.2 so I followed more instructions and long story short I ended up in this thread trying to get anything to load.

I have done both the wipe and no wipe. I can put phone in download, use odin to load the full wipe nd5 and it appears to load, but then when it boots I get the Samsung Custom screen then the phone shuts off and I can't get past this point.

Ideas????

Thanks,

Glenn
21st September 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #104  
Alexandria, VA
Thanks Meter: 7

18 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinglenn

Hopefully you guys can help me. I was on me7 with hyperdrive 10.2 and wanted to upgrade to 18.1. I followed directions on this site and was able to get mk2 with 4.1.3 I think and then I installed safestrap and installed hyper 18.1. Everything installed and loaded up but couldnt' get wifi to turn on. Noticed that I needed to be on 4.4.2 so I followed more instructions and long story short I ended up in this thread trying to get anything to load.

I have done both the wipe and no wipe. I can put phone in download, use odin to load the full wipe nd5 and it appears to load, but then when it boots I get the Samsung Custom screen then the phone shuts off and I can't get past this point.

Ideas????

Thanks,

Glenn

Please follow the instructions in the HyperDrive thread to install HyperDrive: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41989182
21st September 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #105  

165 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OracleBiker

Please follow the instructions in the HyperDrive thread to install HyperDrive: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41989182

I'm not trying to install hyperdrive, I am trying to restore the phone so it does more than show the Samsung custom unlock screen and shut off. Thanks for that direction though
21st September 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #106  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 13

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinglenn

I'm not trying to install hyperdrive, I am trying to restore the phone so it does more than show the Samsung custom unlock screen and shut off. Thanks for that direction though

I am assuming you have tried the emergency repair mentioned in OP?

Quote:

Full Wipe ( AKA Emeregency Repair)

1. Unzip the file and you should have a ALL_VZW_I545VRUFNC5_I545VZWFNC5_1151670_REV06_user _low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
2. Select the tar.md5 in Odin under PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) and keep Odin's default settings
3. Extract the PIT file from your phone or Odin tar, also I've uploaded it here just in case.
4. Put the PIT file in PIT and load the the Odin tar.md5 in PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) then click start.

You said you were on an earlier version of Hyperdrive, before trying to install 18.1... what does Knox show (0x0 or 0x1) in the download screen?

I don't know much about Knox or if you have even tripped it (might be irrelevant to your problem) but if your phone is panicking and shutting down upon trying to boot, it sounds like a partition problem.
21st September 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #107  

165 posts
Hahahaha, my bad lol. Amazing how you get tunnel vision and don't think outside the box.....

Battery was dead, so it would start to fire up then shut down due to no juice lol. Replaced the battery and it was like a new phone out of the box with NC5 and 4.4.2.

Time to root and move forward lol.

Glenn
22nd September 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #108  
Thanks Meter: 17

198 posts
Quick question. What was the latest update before going to 4.4? Mk2?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
22nd September 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #109  

165 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwilliams

Quick question. What was the latest update before going to 4.4? Mk2?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

If this was to me, I was originally on me7, then odin'd to mk2, then nc5. This has been like a 2 day project lol. Now that the S4 is up and running with hyperdrive 18.1 its time to switch to it and update the Note 2. It is on MC3 and 4.1.2 with Jellybeans 17.

Glenn
Yesterday, 03:05 AM   |  #110  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Just an fyi, I soft bricked my phone trying to install blackbox through safestrap. In trying to restore stock as per this thread, I was unsuccessful.

Here's the thread I posted about it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...ethod-t2891396

As I said there, following this guide http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/06/...galaxy-s4.html worked for me while this thread did not. I'm not sure if I got some bad tar files from here or what though. Just a little input in case something went wrong or if it's just all user error on my part.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, factory tar, kies, odin, sch-i545
Previous Thread Next Thread