[KERNEL] | WildKernel v009 Build #2 | Featurlicous | Tame Companion | September 24th

Announcement from Emmanuel U: My Kernel Companion app Tame works great with this! Check it out
26th September 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #361  
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
More
Running latest nightly of CarbonROM and Wild v9.2
Thing is running very smoothly and very stable so far.
Thanks!
29th September 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #362  
Flag Hot Desert
Thanks Meter: 5

62 posts
is there anybody here tested on Validus Rom or is this compatible with it has 3.1.101 cyanogenmod-g21fdfb2 kernel version
29th September 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #363  
Thanks Meter: 11

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayr0

Thanks!

all is well then? i switched to PA after the disaster carbon had, but i'll give it a go.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

glad to see the support still coming strong! i'm going to test this and report if there are any issues.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote:

Thanks!

one more thing i wanna throw at you. do you have full sd card support? an issue i was having before was that my sd card was not being read and when i switched to PA, it started to work.
29th September 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #364  
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_stevey

all is well then? i switched to PA after the disaster carbon had, but i'll give it a go.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

glad to see the support still coming strong! i'm going to test this and report if there are any issues.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

one more thing i wanna throw at you. do you have full sd card support? an issue i was having before was that my sd card was not being read and when i switched to PA, it started to work.

I've been playing with it now for almost a week. With one, exception, it the 9/24 nightly and WildKernel v9.2 has been a great combo.
The exception: I was talking with my father the other day, and my phone randomly just shut off. I have no idea why. The battery was around 60%. I eventually got the phone to boot again. I turned off overclocking on the cpu as I think that might have been the culprit. It is the first and only time I've ever had that experience.

I have a 16GB microsd card in my phone that works fine. I'm not sure what you mean by "full support", but I've not had a problem accessing my sd card. I can read and write to it.

I have heard that the Cyanogenmod build put together by Sultanxda is really stable. If this ROM+Kernel doesn't work out, you might consider giving that a try. The only caveat, you can't use any other kernel with his build. It is tweaked in such a way that only his stock kernel will work.
Last edited by ayr0; 29th September 2014 at 11:46 PM.
Yesterday, 02:08 AM   |  #365  
Thanks Meter: 11

44 posts
More
Quote:

I've been playing with it now for almost a week. With one, exception, it the 9/24 nightly and WildKernel v9.2 has been a great combo.
The exception: I was talking with my father the other day, and my phone randomly just shut off. I have no idea why. The battery was around 60%. I eventually got the phone to boot again. I turned off overclocking on the cpu as I think that might have been the culprit. It is the first and only time I've ever had that experience.

I have a 16GB microsd card in my phone that works fine. I'm not sure what you mean by "full support", but I've not had a problem accessing my sd card. I can read and write to it.

I have heard that the Cyanogenmod build put together by Sultanxda is really stable. If this ROM+Kernel doesn't work out, you might consider giving that a try. The only caveat, you can't use any other kernel with his build. It is tweaked in such a way that only his stock kernel will work.

interesting. my last bouts with carbon have been really bad and i've been using the rom for a long time. i wasn't too sure what the problem was. my phone would shut off much like yours, with the exception that my battery would actually drop its charge from 70%, for example, to 30%. i know the battery is probably done, but with PA, i have been getting good battery life on a three year old battery. i don't know how to make sense of it, so i'm under the assumption that when i updated the nightly from 8/3 to the next date everything went bananas and going backwards made it worse. i'll try again, though, i may just stick with a stable build and not move up until i swap phones completely.

my sd card is 64gigs and while it's not supposed to work, for some odd reason it stopped working well on carbon all together. it wouldn't even be recognized even though it was installed. now when i switched to PA, it began to work! again, maybe there was a nightly problem.

i'll check out the CM build if all fails me. i like carbon because the quick tile settings help me get around some physical problems with my herc, such as the power button that doesn't ever work.
Yesterday, 05:02 AM   |  #366  
Thanks Meter: 92

259 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_stevey

interesting. my last bouts with carbon have been really bad and i've been using the rom for a long time. i wasn't too sure what the problem was. my phone would shut off much like yours, with the exception that my battery would actually drop its charge from 70%, for example, to 30%. i know the battery is probably done, but with PA, i have been getting good battery life on a three year old battery. i don't know how to make sense of it, so i'm under the assumption that when i updated the nightly from 8/3 to the next date everything went bananas and going backwards made it worse. i'll try again, though, i may just stick with a stable build and not move up until i swap phones completely.

my sd card is 64gigs and while it's not supposed to work, for some odd reason it stopped working well on carbon all together. it wouldn't even be recognized even though it was installed. now when i switched to PA, it began to work! again, maybe there was a nightly problem.

i'll check out the CM build if all fails me. i like carbon because the quick tile settings help me get around some physical problems with my herc, such as the power button that doesn't ever work.

Give liquid smooth by kerner a try. It is very stable. You can find it on Google plus

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread