TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Ainol Novo 7 Venus - Best Rom ?

OP shell_fishman

21st June 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi! I know this device maybe outdated but would still like to know what is the latest and best Rom for Ainol Novo 7 Venus? I remembered that I updated the firmware to 4.2.2 and after a while, the device is now super lag. I thinking of installing a new rom which is faster and more stabler. Please Advice. Thank! Also, please point me to where I could get the software and tutorial to install it. Cheers!
19th August 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

87 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell_fishman

Hi! I know this device maybe outdated but would still like to know what is the latest and best Rom for Ainol Novo 7 Venus? I remembered that I updated the firmware to 4.2.2 and after a while, the device is now super lag. I thinking of installing a new rom which is faster and more stabler. Please Advice. Thank! Also, please point me to where I could get the software and tutorial to install it. Cheers!

Try here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/1058...msharkandroid/
I'm running that rom now for several days and it seems the best sofar.
20th August 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Ar!!!
hi! I tried! did not work. Now Im stuck in a distorted screen like where the TV cant get a signel.... HELP!
20th August 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #4  

87 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell_fishman

hi! I tried! did not work. Now Im stuck in a distorted screen like where the TV cant get a signel.... HELP!

install firomi firmware first through Pad product tool. this will also install/flash TWRP recovery, through that install the other firmware
21st August 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper_s1

install firomi firmware first through Pad product tool. this will also install/flash TWRP recovery, through that install the other firmware

You mean this ? slatedroid - [Custom Rom]Rom based on Irbis TQ 72 by Firomi HDMI support? Sorry I cant post any link yet
21st August 2014, 09:20 AM   |  #6  

87 posts
Yes, thats the one

Verstuurd van mijn Novo 7 Venus met Tapatalk
22nd September 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #7  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 42

283 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper_s1

On his post its written:
"This is a flashable zip, no need computer with pad tool to flash this firmware.
You can flash this rom over all firmware's.

-You need TWRP to flash this rom.
-Put rom (sa_$SA_VERSION-$DATE-$BUILD_NUMBER-$DEVICE_MODEL.zip), gapps (gapps-jb4.2-20140911-unofficial.zip) on sdcard or sd-ext.
-Turn on the tablet into recovery mode.
-Then select "Factory reset" from "Wipe" menu.
-Flash rom (sa_$SA_VERSION-$DATE-$BUILD_NUMBER-$DEVICE_MODEL.zip), gapps (gapps-jb4.2-20140911-unofficial.zip).
-After inscriptions "Successfully" select "Reboot system".
-Firmware installed!"

I dont have my lappy available at the moment to flash any firmwares. So just wondering, will I brick the device if I leave it the way it is, its already using 2gb app storage patched firmware.
30th September 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #8  

87 posts
there's an update from shark android, i'll post a link to the rom and gapps here.
Link to rom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/co5i8147g1...hadow.zip?dl=0
link to gapps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/upfv9tl9gq...icial.zip?dl=0
Here are the instructions:
1 Download firmware, put on sdcard, or on sd-ext.
2 Go to TWRP, select Wipe -> Factory Reset (We need to move the slider.)
3 After Wipe select Install, then select sa_ $ SA_VERSION- $ DATE- $ BUILD_NUMBER- $ DEVICE_MODEL.zip and move the slider to "Swipe to install", the process will start flashing!
4 After saying "Successful", click on the house, click "Install", then select gapps-jb4.2-20140911-unofficial.zip and move the slider to "Swipe to install", the installation process will begin informal Google applications!
5 After installation, click "Reboot system" to reboot.
Last edited by cooper_s1; 30th September 2014 at 06:55 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread